TTC #2 at 38. Buddies?

Jen73

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a newbie here. I conceived and delivered DD at age 30 after TTC for, um, once...on one day. Was NTNP for 2yrs before going TTC 5mos. ago. I am charting temps.

Many of my friends have easily conceived over age 37. I am feeling kind of deflated about it all and would love a TTC #2 buddy of similar age/situation.

Obviously I got spoiled by the ease of #1 but I need to face reality that #2 clearly won't be as easy, and it kind of sucks! I feel like my body changed quite suddenly 7mos ago and I suspect my fertility is low now.

Don't really know where to start or what to try next. But I can be a good buddy! I am the type who will be happy for your BFP even if my own never comes. :) Thanks!

Hi! I'm a newbie here. I conceived and delivered DD at age 30 after TTC for, um, once...on one day. Was NTNP for 2yrs before going TTC 5mos. ago. I am charting temps.

Many of my friends have easily conceived over age 37. I am feeling kind of deflated about it all and would love a TTC #2 buddy of similar age/situation.

Obviously I got spoiled by the ease of #1 but I need to face reality that #2 clearly won't be as easy, and it kind of sucks! I feel like my body changed quite suddenly 7mos ago and I suspect my fertility is low now.

Don't really know where to start or what to try next. But I can be a good buddy! I am the type who will be happy for your BFP even if my own never comes. :) Thanks!

Hi Hun ,and welcome ,sorry but I am 44 trying for my fifth ,but I would love u to join us all on the happy holiday thread ,there's lots of ladies there around your age trying for their first or second and we really need some cheering up ,hope to see you soon ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::

Hi Jen and welcome :)
I'm a couple of years older but in exactly the same position as you. In May 2008 we had an accidental pregnancy after one drunken night in Amsterdam. Unfortunately I miscarried at six weeks but, three months later I got pregnant in the first cycle of trying. I was pretty astounded.

My dd is 3 in June and I'm desperate for another before it's too late. We have only just started tcc (I was made redundant during my pregnancy and didn't want to be freelancing for the second) but it already feels different and I'm worried. My periods have become irregular and I just feel different.....

Although I knew things might be harder, because of the hurdles I faced to even start tcc, I didn't let it worry.

Anyway, being positive, this is what I am doing:
Taking Agnus Castus to help ovulation, co-enzyme q10 for improved egg quality and evening primrose in the first 14 cycle days for improved ewcm. Oh, and a general pre conception multi vit.

I have started using a Clearblue Fertility Monitor this month but as I didn't peak (I am on cd 21) I've also started temping so I can double check ovulation.

I'm aiming to BD every other day from cd10 to 20.

Basically I've got a bit obsessed but I have only given myself another 6 months before I give up so I want to go for it.

What cd are you on?

Whoops, sorry about the end of that post - my phone doesn't like long posts.

I meant to say good luck and babydust!

Cool! Nice to meet you, Desperado167. Today is my cd8 (March 18th my time zone). You?

So, until about 6-months ago I had 29-day cycles with no spotting between cycles and high quality cm about cd9-cd14. Now I have 27-day cycles, kind of lame cm cd7-cd11, and spotting from apx. cd21 to start of AF.

I do think I am ovulating monthly between cd12 an cd14. I am charting temps and using ovulation test strips (the drugstore ones are too expensive; I buy 90 at a time off Amazon for $10, or so an they work fine.).

My new cycle pattern is depressing but at least I can say it seems regular. I think I will throw in the towel if I do not get a BFP by the end of 2012. How about you?

Cool! Nice to meet you, Desperado167. Today is my cd8 (March 18th my time zone). You?

So, until about 6-months ago I had 29-day cycles with no spotting between cycles and high quality cm about cd9-cd14. Now I have 27-day cycles, kind of lame cm cd7-cd11, and spotting from apx. cd21 to start of AF.

I do think I am ovulating monthly between cd12 an cd14. I am charting temps and using ovulation test strips (the drugstore ones are too expensive; I buy 90 at a time off Amazon for $10, or so an they work fine.).

My new cycle pattern is depressing but at least I can say it seems regular. I think I will throw in the towel if I do not get a BFP by the end of 2012. How about you?
Today I am ten days past ovulation ,testing on Tuesday or Wednesday ,:thumbup:I really hope u get your bfp soon sweetie ,I have no idea wen I will stop I have been trying for six years now and I guess it's become part of my life ,if u join ff I could help u pinpoint your ovulation and fertile days ,:hugs::hugs:

Anyway, being positive, this is what I am doing:
Taking Agnus Castus to help ovulation, co-enzyme q10 for improved egg quality and evening primrose in the first 14 cycle days for improved ewcm. Oh, and a general pre conception multi vit....

What cd are you on?

Hi Halle! Argh, sorry, I tried to reply a day ago from my tablet and I guess it flopped. Thanks for your message and the info on what you're doing.

I am on cd8 (March 18) and I don't think I am up for trying past the end of this year. I'm 38. OH 39. DD 7 1/2. What cd are you?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I basically feel crampy through almost my whole cycle. Ugh.

My BFF is 20-wks at age 40. My cuz is 30-wks at age 38. Another friend just delivered #1 at 39. Whole family would really like a #2. Maybe I'll be lucky, but if it doesn't happen I will be alright. :)

Hi Jen73
It seems I'm kind of in a similar position to you- I easily conceived my first child 5 years ago and I'm almost 38 now and ttc no2- but because my periods are so irregular its very difficult for me to know when I ovulate.

It sounds like you are taking all the right steps and taking the proper vitimins etc. I've just started taking DHEA which is supposed to help with eggs.

Have you taken any blood tests or taken an AMH test/ fertility testing? You might get a better picture on how fertile you are based on the blood results and depending on the results you can take action accordingly.
I had some blood tests which confirmed I did infact ovulate but then on another blood test on another cycle- there was no ovulation- so for me my cycles are what's causing the difficulty. Previously when I conceived my first, I had no problems with my cycle- they were generally a regular 27 - 28 day cycle.

I hope we can support each other through these difficult times.
take care

Many thanks! x

Hi Cinnamon,

I haven't had any testing done outside the home. I do different tests at home throughout the month. The FSH tests I've done haven't looked great but I believe I ovulate regularly. Today I am ovulation-positive and I had decent cm the past week--not copious ewcm as I had until ~6mos ago, but decent I think. So, we'll see... Honestly, I kind of suspect the impediment is not me, but rather my OH! I take better care of my health than he does. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->