ttc #2 chances? breastfeeding & deployment..

daniellex3

Reaction score
So, I'm still breastfeeding my 10 month old, & I still don't get a period. My husband is deploying tomorrow, and about a week ago, we decided to start trying for baby #2. :thumbup: Crazy timing, huh?

I guess my question would be, how likely are my chances that I could/ or have already conceived? (while bf).

We bd'd,
March 2nd
March 15th
March 17th
& today, March 19th.

:blush:

Would also like to add that I'm going to be testing in the morning, due to the March 2nd date..

Hi hon! I'm sorry I don't really have any advice, but I didn't want to read and run. I'm not entirely sure of the chance of you getting pregnant while breastfeeding and not having a period, but I do know that you CAN still get pregnant. Even though you haven't had a period, you are still ovulating. It's just the different hormones playing around when your pregnant, if that makes sense. I wondered the same thing when I was breastfeeding my son. I didn't get a period until after his first birthday and I breastfed him up until he was 25 months old.

I wish you the best! Only thing you can do at this moment is sit and wait and test, I guess. I hope you do fall pregnant! How long will he be deployed, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->