TTC #2 while BF DS1

mrshazard94

Reaction score
Hello,

Any advice on conceiving while BF ? My sons will be one next week...

I didn't have regular periods before but I haven't had one since he has been born. Any advice or experience would be great :)

Xx

Hey there! I just posted a thread with a similar question. I can't offer advice, but my son just turned 1 a couple weeks ago and I'm still BF too. I just came off the pill last week. I've not had a period the entire time either. My doc said it was likely due to the mini pill at that point (when I had my annual exam 3 weeks ago). However, I've been off the pill for 1.5 weeks and still nothing. I'm thinking ovulation/period won't return until after I stop BF. Hopefully we will both have some luck at this. Are you planning to wean soon? I'm contemplating within the next month. We are down to only 3 nursing sessions a day. :dust::dust::dust::dust:

I can't offer much advice but I'm in the same boat. Still breastfeeding #2 twice a day, only cut down to 2 feeds within the past couple of months (was feeding a few times through the night until about 13 months). My body has made a few attempts to ovulate in the past month going by cervical fluid. Oh, my little one is almost 15 months

Hello! I'm not sure about weaning yet we both really enjoy it although I'm sure it's the reason no period but then again like you say 'tryingforthrd' I feel like my body has tried to ovulate with CM and also odd pains in tummy. But what's interesting is that I got pregnant with ds1 without having a period in between having a miscarriage 3/4 months earlier and getting caught so I guess it can happen (getting pregnant with no period lol)

Who's know we are actively trying now and I'm taking EPO and folic acid to get ready and got loads of IC off eBay that got delivered today so I'll just test until I get positive because unfortunately we don't have our body clock to go by with AF. Oh well I do love to POAS!! Xxx

I got my first period two days ago, never thought I'd be so happy to see af lol. I wasn't willing to completely wean just on the off chance that it would make it happen faster, only had to night wean because I couldn't keep weight on so it was recommended by the child health nurse (who is also a fantastic lactation consultant) that I night wean. Hoping my cycles won't be too long

Can't help but just weaned my 23 month old. We were only doing sleep time BF for the last 6ish months. Anyway, TTC #2 since January and recently started buckling down this past month. I am very irregular! Sorry rant coming on!
This really sucks, my DH and I got married on April 11 of this year which is approx. when af was to show up. She didn't! Took tests and they were negative. Still no af which isn't real surprising that I missed April, that'll happen to me 1/2x a year. But it's May and still nothing...:growlmad: tried a test this Saturday and got a very faint line, so I got a little excited! Then this morning no line and no af. I'm thinking I totally screwed with my body from the stress of the wedding and then weaning my son :dohh:. I don't know!
Back to you. I love research and most reputable ones say there is no link to BFP with BF with or without af. I trust the research, so keep BF until you and baby feel ready it shouldn't effect BFP. Baby dust to all.

Hello! My son just turned 1 and I am waiting for af so we can start ttc. DS is far from ready to be weaned but I intend to drop 1-2 feedings and see how it goes.

I got my first period two days ago, never thought I'd be so happy to see af lol. I wasn't willing to completely wean just on the off chance that it would make it happen faster, only had to night wean because I couldn't keep weight on so it was recommended by the child health nurse (who is also a fantastic lactation consultant) that I night wean. Hoping my cycles won't be too long

That's so good your period came back, I'd be over the moon if mine did! I just booked a holiday for next month so I won't be too disappointed if it stayed well away until after then though haha!

good luck xx

Can't help but just weaned my 23 month old. We were only doing sleep time BF for the last 6ish months. Anyway, TTC #2 since January and recently started buckling down this past month. I am very irregular! Sorry rant coming on!
This really sucks, my DH and I got married on April 11 of this year which is approx. when af was to show up. She didn't! Took tests and they were negative. Still no af which isn't real surprising that I missed April, that'll happen to me 1/2x a year. But it's May and still nothing...:growlmad: tried a test this Saturday and got a very faint line, so I got a little excited! Then this morning no line and no af. I'm thinking I totally screwed with my body from the stress of the wedding and then weaning my son :dohh:. I don't know!
Back to you. I love research and most reputable ones say there is no link to BFP with BF with or without af. I trust the research, so keep BF until you and baby feel ready it shouldn't effect BFP. Baby dust to all.

Aww congratulations on getting married! Weddings are incredibly stressful times and weaning on top I don't think I would cope! My little bit has just learnt how to open my bra and tries to help himself - little monkey!! xx

Hello! My son just turned 1 and I am waiting for af so we can start ttc. DS is far from ready to be weaned but I intend to drop 1-2 feedings and see how it goes.

I find it quite difficult to wean as I love bf just as much as my boy so I don't think I'll totally stop to be honest with you :) good luck with the weaning though :) xxx

Hi all!
Mrshazard, I love bf too but ds started to bite a lot. It is too painful for on demand feeding because if it is up to him he snaks 4-5 times a day + nights feedings.
CD2 for me so the first cycle ttc will start soon:happydance: Am I crazy to want my kids so close in age:shrug: DS is teething so I carry him around all day long.

Magrat my two girls are 21 months apart, and we had been trying for 5 months to conceive our second so I definitely don't think you're mad lol. I would have loved the close age gap again but that ship has already sailed this time haha. Fingers crossed all our bodies cooperate!

Magrat my two girls are 21 months apart, and we had been trying for 5 months to conceive our second so I definitely don't think you're mad lol. I would have loved the close age gap again but that ship has already sailed this time haha. Fingers crossed all our bodies cooperate!
Thanks :hugs: it took 4 months to get DS and I hope breastfeeding and having had a c section won't make ttc much harder :shrug:
Good luck to all :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"