ttc #2

brit1993

Reaction score
We have been ttc baby #2 for over 6 months now. I am on month 1 of Clomid because my Dr didn't think I was ovulating and I was having 60+ day cycles. I am bbt charting and have been for a few months now. With this being my first month on Clomid my temp hasn't risen with ovulation (I had ovulation pain over a week ago so I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating.) is this a common thing while on Clomid?

i dont know. o: Im on Femara and I def get a temp spike at ovulation. (My chart is in my sig) How long has it been since you stopped taking it? It can take up to a week for me to ovulate after. Are you getting an ultrasound done anytime soon to check?

My Dr prescribed only 3 pills instead of the possible 5. I took them Feb 24, 25, and 26. I had possible ovulation pain on my left side on the 29th, but have had no temp spikes. My temp has stayed very low. Negative pregnancy test this morning. My Dr hasn't ordered an ultrasound. I have a checkup next week just to see how I did while on Clomid.

Might be you aren't on the right dose then. So, my guess is that he'll bump up the dosage for you and have you take it again. Thats what was done in my case anyway. Sometimes it takes a cycle or two to figure out the right dosage.

I'm sorry, hun. It sounds like you didn't O from the Clomid. :hugs: That's not really surprising since you were on such an incredibly low dose. They'll up your dose next time, I'm sure.

When you ovulate, your temp will go up- no matter if it's natural O, or Clomid/Femara induced. Clomid O usually spikes even higher than a regular O since progesterone is usually higher with medicated ovulation.

The temp spike happens because of progesterone in your system. The progesterone comes from the follicle that released the egg. If an egg is released, you will get progesterone, that's just how it works. (Unless you have IVF with certain triggers- but that's a totally different thing.)

And a tiny rant:

It pisses me off that Dr's go around giving out Clomid and then not monitoring its use. Seriously, that stuff comes along with all sorts of problemsL It can thin ouw your uterine lining so much that embryos can't implant, it affects your hormones for up to three months after you finish taking it, it causes OHSS in some women who are more sensitive to hormones which can lead to hospitalization.... heck, Clomid even brings with it a higher risk of miscarriage! If a doctor isn't going to bother with monitoring, he/she should at least go with Femara since it doesn't do half the negative things that Clomid does.

If your doctor doesn't want to monitor your Clomid cycles, I'd honestly go see someone else. There is no way you can tell what it's doing to you without monitoring. That's just the truth.

I'm sorry, hun. It sounds like you didn't O from the Clomid. :hugs: That's not really surprising since you were on such an incredibly low dose. They'll up your dose next time, I'm sure.

When you ovulate, your temp will go up- no matter if it's natural O, or Clomid/Femara induced. Clomid O usually spikes even higher than a regular O since progesterone is usually higher with medicated ovulation.

The temp spike happens because of progesterone in your system. The progesterone comes from the follicle that released the egg. If an egg is released, you will get progesterone, that's just how it works. (Unless you have IVF with certain triggers- but that's a totally different thing.)

And a tiny rant:

It pisses me off that Dr's go around giving out Clomid and then not monitoring its use. Seriously, that stuff comes along with all sorts of problemsL It can thin ouw your uterine lining so much that embryos can't implant, it affects your hormones for up to three months after you finish taking it, it causes OHSS in some women who are more sensitive to hormones which can lead to hospitalization.... heck, Clomid even brings with it a higher risk of miscarriage! If a doctor isn't going to bother with monitoring, he/she should at least go with Femara since it doesn't do half the negative things that Clomid does.

If your doctor doesn't want to monitor your Clomid cycles, I'd honestly go see someone else. There is no way you can tell what it's doing to you without monitoring. That's just the truth.

My guess is the doc isnt an RE? Possibly an OBGYN? Because I'm pretty sure all REs would monitor that. I know mine does, and I am on Femara, not clomid. But I am always back in that office within days of finishing my dose.

Bee Bee- You are probably right. I have come across multiple OB/Gyn's who don't want to monitor Clomid/Femara. I always insist, and if they don't want to do it, I change to someone else. My RE is overseas, so having another one here would be confusing and contradictory I'm sure, so I've stuck with an OB/Gyn and a perinatologist when in the States. DH and I have had to move around quite a bit the last couple years, so it's been an interesting experience seeing how different doctors choose to treat things. I'll be happy to be in my nice, controlled IVF bubble next month. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->