TTC! 26yrs old recently diagnosed with PCOS & taking Metformin

Hopes4Baby

Reaction score
Hello my husband and I have been together for about 8 yrs now. We have been actively trying to conceive for almost 2 yrs. Early October I went to see a doctor where they drew a bunch of blood, the doctor told me to go home and soak in a tub with baking soda in it. About a week later she called to tell me that one of my hormone levels was elevated and that indicated that I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome. At first I was afraid not knowing what it meant, she then prescribed me 500mg Metformin. I have been taking Metformin for almost 2 weeks now. My faith is whats keeping me hopeful. I can feel a baby coming soon. I am looking for a buddy going through the same thing I am going though or I am looking for success stories of those that have been in my shoes :) GOOD LUCK ALL:flower:

Hi, new to the website. Im 23 and we have been ttc for a year now. I was just diagnosed with pcos after they found bilateral cysts on my ovaries a month ago(one on each ovary). Just started metformin 3 fays ago to shrink the cyst and force ovulation. Definately worried if its goin to increase my fertility. The side effects so far a bothersome. How have u been feeling takin met?

I meant 3 days ago lol
And side effects are bothersome
: )

I meant 3 days ago lol
And side effects are bothersome
: )

Hi Tip and Hi hope4baby.

I have been married for over 5 years and ttc for 3 yrs. I started having tests mid this year. Went for blood tests on my cd2 and was told by the gynae that my hormones were not balanced. So she put me on metformin every day 500gms and duphaston for 10 days after ovulation. The duphaston so far does not have any side effects. But the metformin, the nausea is sickening. I am not able to eat well like i used to because of the constant nausea. DH was even telling me to stop taking it but i have to be strong for positive results. I am now cd8 and going in for HSG tomorrow and also hoping it will be good news and that my way is clear.

FXD and baby dust to us all :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->