TTC #3 With new Issues

Mom2curlyQs

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I wrote an introduction but I am unable to link to it so I am going to cut and paste part of it here:

I am very happy I stumbled upon this site today. Let see, where to begin? I just turned 32 and my husband is 33. We have two daughters together ages 8 on April 9th and the youngest will be five on June 26th. We had no trouble conceiving our first two but it has been almost five years since the last one. My husband is in the United States Navy and fortunately, he is home on shore. We decided a little over a year ago to add to our family. I went on vitamins and we began the party Alas, month after month NOTHING. As I've gotten older I noticed my periods were getting further and further apart each month or MIA all together. I was seriously scared I was going to be on the show I Didn't Know I was Expecting. But today we learned I have developed PCOS. So, in my search online for information about this and all the medicines I am now going to be taking....I found Baby and Bump. I look forward to getting to know you all and make friends while helping one another through TTC. I feel as if this is my first time having a baby since it's been so long :blush:

Today at my appt I was prescribed:
Provera to jump start a period
Metformin to help with PCOS
Clomid: 50mg to take 3-7

This is my very first experience with infertility and any of these medications. Needless to say, I am a little anxious. I did what anyone would do and went scouring the web for success or horror stories and worried myself into a frenzy. So, here I am on day one of this process. I took my first pill of Provera and I am having some MAJOR cramps. That stuff is doing something in there. I'd be happy with one little baby but to be honest, I would be delighted to have twins and be done. I feel as if my first two are so very close that this little one might feel left out without a sibling also close in age. That's jumping way ahead of myself. Good luck to everyone here!!!!!!

Hi

Ive been trying for over two years for my second I lost a tube after my first pregnancy then I developed pcos ... Started ovulating on day 18 until I fell pregnant July 2010, unfortunately I miscarried then I fell pregnant again in the Nov 2010 and again I miscarried... After that my cycles got longer and longer and longer until i was having a period every other month.... After fighting with the GP for a referral for about 5 months I was finally referred and was prescribed Clomid . I fell pregnant on my second cycle but again miscarried. Im now on my sixth cycle and im really starting to hear the clock tick, The FS has prescribed me another 6 months of 50mg but she says after that I need to go private for IVF... Its so hard watching your friends fall pregnant... Ive got 3 who have had a baby in the time weve been trying and are all pregnant again... happy for them of course but totally gutted for me

That is just terrible :( I am so very sorry. It is just heartbreaking to want something so badly and nothing we can do will make it happen. It's all in the waiting and trying. I'm hoping for you!!!!!!

It is hard, what started out as an exciting journey is now one frought with despair .... I can only hope I will get there in the end.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you though, I can really sympathise with you and all those Long term trying to conceivers ...

it really isnt easy x

I'm in a similar situation. We are trying to conceive #3. We did however have a little trouble conceiving #1, no issue conceiving #2 and now we've been trying over 8 months but I have not had a single cycle. =(

I will likely being going on Clomid, and having to start my period with Provera as well. Siiiiiigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->