TTC#4? Should I?

Too large. It’d be at least 4 years between the youngest too

Oh I see. Well my husband’s siblings are all 5 years apart and they are pretty close!

my kids are 4 years apart and get on great. They do annoy the crap out of each other sometimes, but overall they are very loving to each other <3

Thanks ladies! I guess my concern is my younger two are so close, I feel like #4 would feel left out.

in any case my youngest has been such a challenge recently that #4 sounds like a crazy idea…so back to the fence I go to sit and wait haha

I know you already said you’re not trying now, or at least not right now, but I thought I’d add.

I always wanted at least two or three children, after the first I thought not a chance in hell am I putting myself through labour again lol. Here we are today, my eldest is 20 and we have seven children between us. So my husband has two from previous and I have eldest from his dad. We have four together and we should have had another by now but sadly last year we had three losses, one after another.

We actually thought we were done after our third together, but he changed his mind and so did I. Three of our children have autism, one is also being assessed for ADHD and we strongly suspect our youngest son has autism too. They’re also all home educated because we’re not huge fans of the school system and it just really didn’t work out for our older children. So we have quite a busy house everyday! It can be very stressful sometimes, there’s always stuff to do but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I thank God every single second of every single day we have our children and we have such a busy household because I love it, ultimately. However stressful it gets at times (and it really has been, we have a lot of challenges especially since eldest lost his dad, my step son lost his mum and my step daughter’s mum is vile) the good times far outweigh anything else. We went through an awful time with my step daughter with her behaviour for a long time and there were times I didn’t think we would cope, times I wanted to scream and just disappear, and she still has her moments now but we have mostly got through it. When you face challenges you work through them and figure it out. That’s what you do. You adapt. You accommodate. Love isn’t spread too thinly and there will always be enough of you to go around.

I couldn’t be without them. I didn’t once imagine in my wildest dreams I would one day have such a huge family, but I don’t have a single regret, and I hope one day we get to do this again, even if it’s just one more time. I hope you do, too, because it sounds as though that’s what you want.

Thank you so much for your kind words!! Thank you for the food for thought. I’m constantly flip flopping on what I want to do. I know enough to know that I don’t know. But I appreciate the reassurance that it can be done, if that’s what we decide to do :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->