TTC #4 with Endometriosis and short LP.......would love a buddy :)

How is everyone doing?

June- it looks like the :witch: got you!! I am so sorry hun.

Aidens- any sign of ovulation yet?

Afm, not much to report here. I am CD 24 and no ovulation still!!! I was hoping the soy would bring it up but I guess not. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday so hoping for some good news. But is a new doctor and I am afraid he will just want me to lose weight before helping.

krissy - Sorry that you haven't ovulated yet. :( Hopefully it'll happen for you soon. Hopefully this doesn't come off as insensitive, but what kind of BMI do doctors normally require to help you conceive?

june - Sorry that evil witch got you. :hugs:

AFM - cd15 and no signs of ovulation yet. My app estimates that I'll enter my fertile period next week, but we'll see if my body cooperates. It hasn't been very cooperative over the last few months. I'm thinking that I'll have to go back to the doctor again soon and see what we can do about making my cycles more regular. I was hoping to wait until after the new year, but I'm getting impatient and more frustrated.

krissy - Sorry that you haven't ovulated yet. :( Hopefully it'll happen for you soon. Hopefully this doesn't come off as insensitive, but what kind of BMI do doctors normally require to help you conceive?

Honestly, I don't know. In 2008 when we first started the doctor didn't ask me to lose weight. I am maybe 10 lbs more now, if that. At the time we proceeded with bcp and metformin to help clear my ovaries of cysts to start Clomid. But my husband lost his job so we decided not to go forward.

In 2012 I went to a new doctor as we had moved and the doctor was a horrible horrible person!! She was so mean to me and basically said that I was overweight and had high blood pressure and that with DH sperm motility would never conceive without IUI. But I had to lose weight first and get my blood pressure under control. Well my problem is my BP was never taken until after she told me that she wasn't going to help and I was crying. So yea of course it will be high. It never was before and even now it runs at the top of average but nothing to prevent getting pregnant over.

It was at that point I gave up. A year later I met my last doctor who was awesome. My weight was a bit of a problem but we worked with it. I was on a lower carb diet and clomid and got pregnant the first cycle. And we didn't even do IUI.

However, now we live 2 hours away and it is just impractical for me to continue with her. So I have met with this one last December. He was also one of my sister's doctors with her son and she liked him. I remember he was kind and very helpful for me. I just keep having that one appointment play in my head.

So really one bad experience ruined it for me. I just hate going to the doctors. That is why 6 months out I am trying to get it sorted. I think in the past they recommended losing 10% which I was able to do but I did not start ovulating on my own. Ideally, I want to lose some weight before getting pregnant. So I do want to get an opinion from the doctor but I don't want to be told I have to or no help!

:huh:

krissie - I can completely understand why one bad experience can put you off. When I was looking for a doctor before and after we started TTC, it took a lot of effort on my part to continue trying to search. The first doctor I saw told me that there was no possible way I could have endo and that since I already had kids, it was unlikely that I had any fertility problems at all. He ran a blood test, but didn't correlate to what point I was at my cycle at all. And overall, he was just rude and uncaring. I switched doctors right away after that. That doctor was nice and took my concerns seriously, but I just didn't feel like she was a good fit for me. It took me 6 months after that to reach out to the doctor I have now. I'm so glad I did, though, because he is so great.

All that being said, I remember seeing on the other thread that your appointment went well, so I'm very happy for that. :)

junemomma - How are you doing? :flower:

AFM - I got a positive OPK today :happydance: My only concern is that I got it using fmu, so I'm not sure if it's a true positive or not. Normally, I use fmu though and my OPKs don't specify that I can't use fmu, so for now I'll trust it.

Thanks aidens. My appointment did go well. I have been prescribed the same protocol I had with ds. I have 4 months worth of clomid to try before going back. I have decided to start my first round in February. In part to get through the holidays and to also lose a bit of weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->