TTC a boy-What's your Shettles routine?

mpayne186

Reaction score
Hey all. This weekend my husband and I will be beginning our TCC journey. He REALLY wants a boy. I've done my research on Shettles Method regarding diet, DTD immediately after ovulation, caffeine for the husband, cough syrup for me, DTD position, etc. Not sure we'll get that specific as we don't want to obsess over the gender. But I want to know what's worked for you, or what you've tried? I've been eating lots of raisins, bananas, PB, almonds, red meat, grapes and cherries...been avoiding too much dairy. Does it really help to mix baking soda and lemon juice into water?? I'm nervous that I'll miss the opportunity by not being properly prepared. Sunday should be my ovulation day. Do I test once in the morning and once in the evening to make sure I don't miss ovulation? Does it help to DTD multiple times? We're amateurs at TTC so trying to soak in all the info I can before this weekend! Thanks!!

Not that any of this is scientific, and we weren't TRYING for any specific gender...but I ate lots of spicy food, and BD'd only the night of the + OV test. We had a boy. The timing goes along with what the Shettles method says....kinda interesting but then again each has a 50% chance so not sure if the timing actually influences or not. :flower:

Best of luck to you on your TTC journey!

I'm with you on ttc a boy! I've been reading timing is not everything, you want to eat lots of salty foods, bananas, tomatoes, potatoes..

You want your body to be more alkaline, male swimmers prefer higher pH.. its all kind of confusing to me, but go to the genderdreaming website, lots of info about trying to conceive a certain gender!

Good luck!

I don't think any of it really works. The twins were 4&5 days before and everything pointed to girl, but they're definitely two boys.

We were gonna try to sway boy too, but only with timing. I'm vegetarian so the diet thing isn't my cup of tea, but I did start trying to drink some lemon water. I'll probably just try and bd once we get a pos opk. I'd love to hear what has worked for others!

I'm vegetarian too, Stranjegirl.

Seems like the diet suits a meat eater for ttc a boy.
Could explain why I have two girls!

I think dtd nearest ovulation is the best one to aim for if you were to pick just one thing in ttc a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->