TTC after DNC

Glitter1

Reaction score
Hi all

I found out in my scan 2 weeks ago that I had a mmc at 11 weeks :( The hosiptal booked me in for a DnC 2 days later so it all happened so quick and was to unbelieveably stressful and upsetting :(

Now the 2 weeks are over and we are allowed to TTD again I wanted to ask you guys why docs ask you to wait till your first period before you try again because to be honest I am feeling so impatient and broody that I just want to get prgenant as fast as I can again! Is it literally for them o be able to work out due dates easier or is it for a physical reason?

x

I'm so sorry for your loss.

My D&C was June 4th (at 7 weeks prego)
My dr. told me she 'recommended' we wait until one period had come and gone to begin trying again. She said it's easier to work dates and easier on the body. I asked her if it would increase the liklihood of another m/c to get pregnant again quickly and she said no. She said that they don't look into reasons you are m/c or anything until you've had numerous miscarriages since most women will have at least one during their baby makin ages.

So...if you are emotionally ready....there is supposedly no reason to wait other than date calculations.

Good luck and I hope you get a BFP soon!!

I am so sorry for your loss. As for your question..I have heard differing opinions on how long to wait after a loss, but based on my own personal experiences and the research that I have done, I believe it is best to wait at least 2 cycles. I definetely understand your frustration with wanting to try again right away. I'm currently waiting to try again as well. After my first m/c I was going crazy waiting then got pregnant after my very next cycle. I lost that pregnancy as well unfortunately. My Ob/gyn recommended waiting a bit longer for my body to return to its 'original state' and for my uterine lining to get 'fluffy' again. I have no idea if waiting is really necessary but it certainly doesnt hurt and to me it makes sense in theory. Again, I'm sorry for your loss and wish you nothing but the best =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->