TTC after ectopic and chemical

lousttc

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Just wanted to connect with someone who’s been in the same boat or is in a similar situation...
Here is my ttc story. I am a lucky Mum of a 1,5y.o. baby girl who was born in Feb 2017. When she was approx 9 months old my husband and I decided to start trying for a baby #2. So started ttc in Dec 2017. We got pregnant that cycle only to find out that it was an ectopic pregnancy. Really terrible experience. Managed to save my tube, had a Methotrexate shot and was advised that we had to wait for 6 months before trying again!
Fast forward to June 2017. Got pregnant again, was so excited for a couple of days but soon realised HPT lines weren’t getting any darker, just stayed the same - very very faint. Was so scared it was another ectopic pregnancy. Tests started progressively getting lighter and by 15 dpo the second line disappeared. It sucked! It was devastating... I went to see my doctor who confirmed CP via blood test my HCG levels were under 2 by 18 dpo. Had a relatively normal 4 day AF and currently on CD6.

Just wondering if any of you ladies can share when did you ovulate after your CP? Was it earlier than normal/later/same? And has anyone had luck conceiving straight after CP?

Thanks for taking time to read and would really appreciate if you share your experiences. I’m happy to answer any questions you might have re my ectopic and CP...

Thanks ladies x

Sorry for your losses! I’ve just had a CP and have been wondering the same. I’ve been googling which is never a good idea as it seems to vary so much. Some people talk about their cycles being messed up for ages and others get pregnant straight away having ovulated at their usual time.
The only difference I’ve noticed so far is how much more painful and long lasting the cramping is compared to a normal cycle. I’m only CD4 though.

Sorry for your losses! I’ve just had a CP and have been wondering the same. I’ve been googling which is never a good idea as it seems to vary so much. Some people talk about their cycles being messed up for ages and others get pregnant straight away having ovulated at their usual time.
The only difference I’ve noticed so far is how much more painful and long lasting the cramping is compared to a normal cycle. I’m only CD4 though.

Ahh thanks so much for your reply! :flower:

I am CD6 today, and my OPKs are getting darker (I always have some sort of a faint line on OPKs though). It feels like I might ovulate in 4-6 days which will make it CD10-12 and that’s super early for me (normally it’s CD18-21 with cycle length of 33-35). I’m just comparing my OPKs from previous cycles... But I also heard that you can have a ‘false’ LH serge earlier in your cycle and also after CP your cycles can go all kinds of crazy... uggghh

Hope you can update here when you do ovulate please? I’ll do too! Thank you 💕

Will do!
It’ll be interesting to see if you end up ovulating early! Some of the things I’ve read have said that you can be more fertile after a CP but I can’t really find anything that explains why :shrug:

I’m with Jelly, just had a chemical last cycle :angel: also no idea what to expect in relation to when I’ll ov. I’ve also experienced an ectopic, lost my tube though. So I’m sorry you’ve had to go through both losses. Completely can relate :hugs:

I'm sorry for your losses and difficult road so far :(
I think it's difficult to find much information on chemicals because it is a grey area and some people might be unsure 're whether it's a chemical or an early miscarriage, it's hard to get any data on it.
From what I've read from many people on here over the years it doesn't seem to effect the next cycle very often.
I've sometimes thought I've had chemicals because I've had such convincing test lines but I think it's only medically considered a chemical if it delays the period a bit.
I hope you all ov in a timely fashion, good luck <3

I’m with Jelly, just had a chemical last cycle :angel: also no idea what to expect in relation to when I’ll ov. I’ve also experienced an ectopic, lost my tube though. So I’m sorry you’ve had to go through both losses. Completely can relate :hugs:

I’m so sorry about your losses too! &#128149; :hugs: What CD are you now?

I'm sorry for your losses and difficult road so far :(
I think it's difficult to find much information on chemicals because it is a grey area and some people might be unsure 're whether it's a chemical or an early miscarriage, it's hard to get any data on it.
From what I've read from many people on here over the years it doesn't seem to effect the next cycle very often.
I've sometimes thought I've had chemicals because I've had such convincing test lines but I think it's only medically considered a chemical if it delays the period a bit.
I hope you all ov in a timely fashion, good luck <3

Thank you for your reply and support:flower: I hope you are right and cp won’t affect the next cycle too much.
My doc told me that if you lose pregnancy before 6 weeks it’s considered to be chemical, after that it’s an early miscarriage:-( :shrug:

I&#8217;m CD4 and AF has finally lightened up. It was a rough one til today :cry: I got my pos opk on CD11 last cycle so I think I&#8217;ll begin testing CD10 again. Let&#8217;s hope we get our sticky beans in the right place! :dust:

I’m CD4 and AF has finally lightened up. It was a rough one til today :cry: I got my pos opk on CD11 last cycle so I think I’ll begin testing CD10 again. Let’s hope we get our sticky beans in the right place! :dust:

Oh, glad to hear it’s easing up on you!<3
I started opks at CD4 this time, which was last day of AF (just because I’m crazy :blush: and want to know what my body is up to) Today is CD 7 and this is what I get.... getting pretty close judging by opks from previous cycles. So a few more days I think, which will still make it super early as I normally ovulate CD18-21. We will see... I’m waiting on my ClearBlue digital opks to show up in mail soon, so will test with that too.

Attachments

• 309ED783-95B3-4856-9508-22AD03123AF9.jpg
    309ED783-95B3-4856-9508-22AD03123AF9.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 10
Looks like you&#8217;re getting close hun :dust: I have a gyno appt to discuss my chemical and extremely short (20 day) cycle next week. Hoping he&#8217;s of some help! Keep us posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->