TTC after Ectopic?

Lolabelle

TTC our rainbow baby
Reaction score
Hi girls,

Currently I am miscarrying at 6 weeks after diagnosis of Ectopic. I'm miscarrying naturally and didn't need any medical intervention.

My question is this. I was told to wait 3 months by the hospital before TTC again. I only want to wait 1 full cycle before trying again. Any ladies out there with experience of TTC after ectopic? How long did you wait? Did you have another ectopic? Sorry for all the questions. I'm feeling a bit lost at the moment.

I'm so sorry for your loss hun. I miscarried naturally at 7 weeks (4 weeks ago) and I think I'm pregnant again already (will find out on Friday for definite when my bloods come back) but my doc told me to wait 1 cycle but obviously I was too impatient but he said that was only to get the dates more exact whereas the hospital told me to wait 3 months to get my body back to normal... I was told that there's not any higher or lower chance of miscarrying again but my body just needed a rest for my own sake. I didn't have an ectopic so it may be completely different in that situation, I just wanted to tell you what I got told incase it helps. Good luck with TTC when you're ready xxx

Hi. I have recently suffered an ectopic and my left tube was removed. I had the surgery last Friday night and i was bleeding into my abdomen. I was told by the doctor who discharged me to try when ever I feel ready, physically and mentally. I'm not any where near either yet! I started bleeding Monday and I have had quite a heavy and painful one. I have an app with with Gp Friday to ask about when I can try again as I have a very good Gp and I will be listerning to what he tells me to do. I also want to ask if this is routine bleeding after the surgery or is my period back. I'm so sorry for you loss to. I was 6 weeks pregnant and due to the bleeding I had to have surgical intervention.

As long as my Gp agrees and if we are both ready physically and mentally we have decided to try again in 8 weeks.

I wish to the very best of luck. I think we all deserve a bit if that right now.

Love L.

Xxx

Love L.

Thanks for the replies girls. I just feel an overwhelming need to be pregnant again. Its really a longing. I don't want to replace this little one but I really want to be pregnant again. I plan on waiting one cycle after the bleeding stops just to make sure that everything is really cleared out. I've heard that women tend to be more fertile after a MC so I'm praying that we get our rainbow babies!

I am 4 months on from ruptured Ectopic and losing my left tube, maybe I was deluding myself that it would happen for us once my period returned to normal but that doesn't appear to be the case and each month the disappointment takes hold.....Where do We go from here ?

I am sorry for your loss. I had a suspected ectopic and had the methotrexate shot in March and we have to wait till June to TtC again.

If your doctor recommends that you wait 3 months, I thin that would be your best beat. But it is totally up to you in the end. Best of luck! Xx

I had an ectopic a year ago. I wanted to try after 3 months, but had to wait til 6 because of husband changing jobs...It's now been over 6 months TTC and nothing...so maybe 3 would have been a better idea cos of the hormone levels.
Good luck whatever you decide, I'd personally wait the 3 cycles so your body clears everything out and then go for it, but it's up to you :)

I had an ectopic in Feb.. I was 6 weeks pregnant.. Had to have emergency surgery :-(

My bf and I started trying again this month..

I am super nervous that it will happen again..

*fingers crossed for us all*

I had to have emergency surgery due to ectopic and severe abdominal bleeding on April 7th... So it's been 7 weeks.
My doctor said I could try again around 6-8 weeks.

Good luck and fingers crossed for everyone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->