Ttc after having a PID. Help!

Callie-xoxox

Mummy Of Lyrik<3
Reaction score
About 2 years ago I had a very bad PID. The doctors have said that could effect getting pregnant. They won't help until it has been a year trying. Have any of you ladies had this?! It's my first cycle trying, I'm not worried as it hasn't been months just looking for advice

About 2 years ago I had a very bad PID. The doctors have said that could effect getting pregnant. They won't help until it has been a year trying. Have any of you ladies had this?! It's my first cycle trying, I'm not worried as it hasn't been months just looking for advice

Hi there!

I am kind of in the same position as you. I do get worried about it, it's always on my mind. So I kind of decided to be proactive. I've been taking supplements and also I have upped my health insurance to cover IVF, just in case. If we do have issues, IVF may be our only option.

I probably won't wait the whole year I might go back screaming and shouting at about 9 months.

My advice is to be as proactive as you can so when a year does go by, you'll know you tried your best. Don't get to worried about it too much (haha should take my own advice) Technology has come so far these days... Hopefully God has motherly plans for us both. :)

I had PID several years ago and was told that my chance of getting pregnant was around 13% ... I'm not exactly sure how the doctor came up with this number, but I do know that I had scarring in my reproductive organs. We've been ttc for 13 months now... All I can say is, try to stay positive. Take fertility aids, research into natural fertility supplements & find one that works for you... We want to try preseed since after PID I haven't been producing much EWCM if any at all, in hopes that it may help some. I haven't started trying fertility aids myself, I was going to wait until our 12 months but we got set back a little this month so we haven't started just yet.

Good luck to you!
:dust:

I don't know how bad my damage was but I do know what I was in the hospital for over a week. They had no idea what it was. It was awful. I haven't talked to my doctor since we were 100% about trying. I am hoping to se how bad the damage is. I hope it happens for us all soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->