TTC after having Implanon birth control removed

godschildren6

Reaction score
Hi ladies!
I am trying to conceive after having the Implanon removed. I had it taken out October 25th and my period started the next day on the 26th. Does anyone know if fertility returns right away? I have been experiencing cramping on and off, stretching of my ligaments in my tummy, and massive mood swings. Could this all be related to the recent stop of the birth control. I'm so confused. I have taken like 5 pregnancy tests and two of them showed faintly positive and i mean faint. My husband could see them. But then the other three, different brands, showed COMPLETELY negative(taken two days later and in the morning) Ugh! I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me. Technically my period is not due until Next Thursday. So that is still 5 days out.
Any thoughts to help me find peace these next few days would be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Gods Children

hey, I had my implant out the same day as you, but I haven't had any bleed at all! apart from the tiniest bit of spotting on Tuesday, which I hope was implantation spotting :)
fertility can return straight away, a few women have got pregnant within a couple of days xx

Wow! That is great news! I hope that we get a true positive this month! Praying for you

I was doing ovulation tests and they showed that I ovulated 3 weeks after having the implant out, without a bleed.

My cousin had hers out, had a period 2 weeks later, and got pregnant on the 3rd month of trying. She claims that her doctor told her that 4/5 women get pregnant within 4 months of having the implant out - must be a good thing?

my nurse told me that I am no longer protected from the instant it was out.
But the implant leaflet APPARENTLY says normal fertility should return within 4 weeks.

They do say you can get a false negative but not a false positive - so if you have had 2 faint positives, surely that is a good sign, I would wait until at least a day after your AF is due and then retest.

At least you know when AF is due, I haven't had a period since i had it in in 2009 :O so have no idea when I am due, so I am going down the route of - ovulated on 16th? most women get period 10-16 days after ovulation - so I am trying to wait until the 1st/2nd/3rd of December to test :D

Hope you get your BFP :D

I was doing ovulation tests and they showed that I ovulated 3 weeks after having the implant out, without a bleed.

My cousin had hers out, had a period 2 weeks later, and got pregnant on the 3rd month of trying. She claims that her doctor told her that 4/5 women get pregnant within 4 months of having the implant out - must be a good thing?

But the implant leaflet APPARENTLY says normal fertility should return within 4 weeks.

They do say you can get a false negative but not a false positive - so if you have had 2 faint positives, surely that is a good sign, I would wait until at least a day after your AF is due and then retest.

At least you know when AF is due, I haven't had a period since i had it in in 2009 :O so have no idea when I am due, so I am going down the route of - ovulated on 16th? most women get period 10-16 days after ovulation - so I am trying to wait until the 1st/2nd/3rd of December to test :D

Thank you so much! I appreciate your encouragement. I hope that i get BFP TOO!!!! Please Jesus Please. I just have a feeling it's not going to come though. I feel all crampy in my back and abdomen tonight. Like PMS. I HATE AF!

Thank you so much! I appreciate your encouragement. I hope that i get BFP TOO!!!! Please Jesus Please. I just have a feeling it's not going to come though. I feel all crampy in my back and abdomen tonight. Like PMS. I HATE AF!
AND TODAY I tested with a BFP!!!!!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->