Ttc after lap and nothing was wrong

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive #1' started by TTC AFTER LAP, Mar 31, 2011.

1. TTC AFTER LAP

TTC AFTER LAP New Member

HEY,
    WELL I HAD A LAP DONE A FEW DAYS AGO AND EVERYTHING IS FINE THEY DIDNT FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME shrug: ...BESIDES ADHENSIONS ON BOWEL BUT I DONT THINK THATS CAUSES INFERTiLTY...!!
    BUT i WAS WONDERING HAVE ANYONE HAD A LAP AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE AND GOTTEN :bfp: AFTER GETTING A LAP??

2. MissJ77

MissJ77 Well-Known Member

Oh I'd love to know the answer to this... I had mine done 2 weeks now and I was advised not to BD for 2 weeks well guess what we've been doing every other day >.<

If anyone knows why you can't BD I'd like to hear their comment :)

3. MissJ77

bump... just wondering if any ladies out there with exp would mind giving their opinion

4. MrsHowley81

MrsHowley81 Well-Known Member

The reason they don't like you to BD after a Lap is due to your chance of ectopic pregnancy being higher and an increased risk of infection, but I don't know the exact statistics and they will keep a close eye on you anyway, So I wouldn't worry. There are plenty of women who get pregnant successfully after this procedure.
    My gyno wants me to have a lap, I'm very nervous about it, how was your experiences? x

5. MissJ77

Thanks for the information. Mine was a very good experience. I arrived at the day unit where I checked in. Shortly after I was called through to my bed space where I saw the surgeon and anesthetist. After about 3 hours (I was 4th on the list) I changed then es otter to he anaesthetic room. Here the anaesthetist put a plastic tube into my hand then I was given Fentynal followed by propofal. The last thing I remember is joking with the anaesthetist then waking up in Recovery. I was lucky as there was nothing wrong no endo or signs of PID.

I was up and out of recovery in hour n a half.

Note I work in the OR so was very aware to what to expect but I was still very nervous

Good luck :)