TTC after loss..here's my story..

newttc

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure If any of the girls who were following my thread a while back are still TTC, but here's an update on my story..

Back in August I got my BFP after trying for about 4 months. It was my first cycle using pre-seed and it was the cycle I got PG. Sadly, I lost the baby at 6 weeks and had to have a D&C(on August 31st). After my D&C, my period never came. I was taking OPK's like crazy and getting positive one day, then negative the next..over, and over, and over. Also taking PG tests to be sure and all were negative. I felt like my cycle was never going to return and had lost all hope in TTC because I was not ovulating. 3 months went by and I finally considered Provera. After 5 days of the Provera I got my "period", thinking me cycle would return back to normal. The next month my cycle never came. I went back to the DR(December 10th) only to be told to wait it out as my pregnancy tests were all negative. My period finally came on its own on December 22nd. I feel so relieved that my period has come on it's own :happydance: So I went out today and bought some pre-seed since that's what worked for us last time.

Now I'm faced with the big question..Am I going to ovulate now? Is my cycle finally back to normal? And also, did the pre-seed have anything to do with my miscarriage?

Has anyone been through anything similar and do you have any advice?

Thanks for the feedback :winkwink:

Hey hun. Sorry for your loss :hugs:
My mc was very similar to yours. We had only been trying for a few months when I got my BFP just to lose it less than a week later. I didn't have a D&C so I can't comment there.
I don't believe the pre-seed had anything to do with your mc. There are tons of pre-seed babies on this sight that are just fine.
As for your cycles, no one can really tell you if its gone back to normal. Only when you start your next cycle or ov can you even hopefully make that assumption.
Just keep tracking your cycle and lots of :dust: to you.

Thanks so much and sorry for your loss also:hugs: I will definitely update on whether or not I ovulate, but I'm going to be positive in thinking that I will. :winkwink:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think that sometimes after a d&c it can take a little time.

Thinking of you :hugs:

Yeah, i figured that too SPARKLE. I guess I was just being impatient being because my aunt conceived 6 weeks after her D&C.

I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I don't think pre-seed would be responsible for the miscarriage as I can't see any scientific reason it could have had an impact a month AFTER you used it to conceive. I think we all just drive ourselves crazy trying to find what is to blame so that we don't do it next time around - the horrible truth is sometimes it just happens :hugs:

I don't know if you were but I would definitely reccomend starting to bbt record with fertility friend or similar. After out MMC I found it useful to see that my temps were quite erratic as I knew this meant my hormones probably were. Once they stabalized I felt more confident in my body and with the help of clomid I am 99% sure I ovulated this cycle (I had two days of spotting 6 weeks after I passed the LO so counted this as CD1, ovulated on CD12/13)

Try and keep positive my darling, it really does help :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"