ttc after miscarriage very confused x

poppymist

mum of 3 expecting #4
Reaction score
Hello all you lovely ladies right I need some help I had a miscarriage about 3 weeks ago now I have been having unprotected sex however I do not know whether to have a go with a preggers test yet or to wait? I was around 14 weeks gone when I lost my baby it was all natural however the baby did get stuck as he/she was quite big. I am really hoping to get preggers very soon as I feel empty! Any way I am hoping that some one can help me........ Thank you for taking the time to read my thread x

P.s. I better add that l have not had a period since having my son nearly 9 months ago so I can not wait and see if I have an af any time soon very strange. X

Hi Poppy

If you had a negative test after your mc so know that the hcg had gone down to zero then when you do decide to test and if you get a bfp you would know it was a new pregnancy.

If you know when you ov then test 14 days after this. However, your first cycle post mc can be unpredictable - it can range from 4-8 weeks ( some are longer - if your cycle goes over 60 days it is likely that you didn't ov that cycle - some women don't ov 1st cycle post mc ). The other issue is, just like after a full term pregnancy, the hormones in your body can be a little messed up giving you odd symptons and making tracking ov very difficult - for example you can get false positives on an opk as it is exactly these hormones that the opk tests for that are out of whack.

I found this site very helpful :

https://pregnancyloss.info/

I totally understand the urge to be pg again post mc - still right there myself :flower:

I am very sorry for your loss and wish you healing and a sticky bean v soon

hx

poppymist, i know how you feel. I had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago. i was 16 wks along. my husband and i had sex, and now I feel preggers again. i went to my ob and she did a blood test. my hcg was only 6, so i have to go back on monday to retest. i'm so stressed and confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->