ttc after mmc (partial molar pregnency) need advice!!

jess78

Reaction score
hi
it has been a while since i have been on here, i had a mmc in sept 09, only to find out that i had a partial molar pregnency. I was advised to wait 6 months while my hormone level was monitered. But my husband and i decided to wait for first af and then try.
Well it came when it should of, then in oct another after 28 days, then nov came along and af did not come for 35 days, then dec it was 36. Then to top it all off jan i went 40 days.
This month i had a blood test done on day5 to see if i had polycistic ovaries, test came back fine. a week later had an internal scan, everything is fine. On the 21 st day of my cycle i had a blood test to see if i am ovulating today the doctor confirmed that i am not. :cry::cry::cry:
So now i have to go and see the gynecologist to see what is happening.

i was hoping to see if anyone else has been through something like this, and has has a BFP since. i am so desperate to be pregnent now, especially with my old due date just weeks away. Every month i feel so low and desolate. its hard to keep on trying for a baby. I am 32 this year and me and my husband are desperate for a family.
any advice would be so very grateful.......................

Hi Jess, sorry to hear your story and welcome back to BnB, hopefully this new forum will be helpful to you.

My cycles have been all over the place since my ERPC in October, 50 days, 32 days, 11 days (!) and now finally I look like I'm heading for a nice normal 29 days (or a BFP!). The only cycle of these which I know I ovulated on is the current one because I have been temping. I think it might be the first time I've ovulated since my MMC (other cycles OPKs were "almost positive" and other ov symptoms were missing).

Anyway, I guess I'm recommending temping to you as way of getting more visability on your cycle - it will allow you to work out when you ovulate, how long your luteal phase is and help you to time it right! I also think your gynacologist would find the information helpful when you have your appointment.

I can understand your desparation with your due date approaching. I think we all dread that and have it as a milestone by which to be pregnant again, its so tough. I hope your appointment goes well and that you get your well-deserved BFP very soon.

x

hi
it has been a while since i have been on here, i had a mmc in sept 09, only to find out that i had a partial molar pregnency. I was advised to wait 6 months while my hormone level was monitered. But my husband and i decided to wait for first af and then try.
Well it came when it should of, then in oct another after 28 days, then nov came along and af did not come for 35 days, then dec it was 36. Then to top it all off jan i went 40 days.
This month i had a blood test done on day5 to see if i had polycistic ovaries, test came back fine. a week later had an internal scan, everything is fine. On the 21 st day of my cycle i had a blood test to see if i am ovulating today the doctor confirmed that i am not. :cry::cry::cry:
So now i have to go and see the gynecologist to see what is happening.

i was hoping to see if anyone else has been through something like this, and has has a BFP since. i am so desperate to be pregnent now, especially with my old due date just weeks away. Every month i feel so low and desolate. its hard to keep on trying for a baby. I am 32 this year and me and my husband are desperate for a family.
any advice would be so very grateful.......................

Hi Jess, sorry for not responding sooner, but I just found it. I am so sorry for your loss and I can completely relate to how you are feeling. I had a pmp with a mmc last June. It was found at my 8 week appt and I believe my baby stopped developing very shortly after my bfp because my levels dropped back to zero super fast and my cycles returned to normal within two weeks after my D&C.

I turned 36 last November and very much wanted to have at least one more child. We were advised to wait two cycles before trying again. My cycles have always been very regular and after using OPKs for two months it pretty much confirmed that I always O on day 14. Still, after 5 months no BFP. We went to see my GYN and decided to do a day 21 progesterone test and hubby went for a semen analysis. I was supposed to go for a day 3 something or other test as well (day 21 confirms O and day 3 shows how hard your body has to work to O), but thankfully day 3 never came. I was very thankful to get the BFP just a couple of weeks before what would have been my due date. I really do know how you feel about that one.

Have you tried using OPKs to figure out if and when you are O? You are still young, so you have every chance to get pregnant. I hope by now you have seen a GYN and are on your way to figuring this out. Incidentally, there is a small group of us on this board, a thread called Molar and Partial Molar Support Group. You can search for it or look for it through the lounge, then group discussions. If you cant find it and are interested, PM me and I can send a link. Several success stories there to give you a positive mindset!

I wish you lots of luck and baby dust!:hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss Jess. I shall be stalking your progress as have recently been diagnosed with a Pmp. Bloods are not at zero yet(151) so not trying yet but have been researching and found lots of healthy pregnancies after Pmp. I do think it takes time for cycles to get bk to any form if normal, temping could be a great idea, I just know I don't have the patience for it!
Wishing you all the luck in the world.x

Just thought I would post the link to the thread for support in case either of you are interested. Cornish, I am sorry to hear you have experienced the same thing.

https://www.babyandbump.com/general/422946-molar-partial-molar-pregnancy-support-group.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->