TTC after Partial Molar Pregnancy

Biotechick829

Reaction score
Yesterday DH and I were devastated to learn at over 13w and seeing our bean move about on the ultrasound that we'd have to terminate our pregnancy because of a suspected partial molar. I'm still waiting to get the D&E performed.

In efforts to make myself feel better I'm wanting to hear from others who have had a PMC and who are planning on or are TTC after their PMC loss. Planning out in my mind when to TTC again is really the only thing lifting my spirits.

These boards are filled with nothing but supportive women and I would love to hear your stories of tragedy or triumph :hugs::hugs:

Hiya... I was told at my 12 week scan I had a blighted ovum and possible molar pregnancy...

So I had a d&c ASAP due to the risk of the molar. The lady who did the surgery, was very confident that it didn't look like a molar pregnancy to her.

Have you had any further testing to back this up? Hcg testing, cvs etc... I would even get a second opinion...

Everything I have read suggests that a baby will never develop if it's a molar pregnancy... The fact that you are over 13 weeks and baby is well and alive... I wouldn't be too hasty in terminating this pregnancy, unless over tests suggest that this is indeed a molar.

If this is a molar pregnancy, you aren't allowed to get pregnant for a very long while. You will need to send regular urine samples off to the labs to check that your hcg is coming down... If it is that's good. But if it isn't and rises or stays the same, this can mean that the molar or mole has spread, therefore will require chemotherapy to get rid of it. If this happen Ttc can take a year or just over to get the all clear to then start Ttc again.

But please please get further testing x

I had a partial molar one year ago, still trying to get past it emotionally. I found out after my miscarriage because I demanded during my D&C that the doctor took samples for testing to tell me if my baby was a boy or girl. It was devastating, and I am so sorry you are going through this too. I am not ttc currently although I've had a missed period so I can't help but hope...

My doctor made me get blood tests done every two weeks for six months and said no ttc for at least a year so they could monitor hcg. I assume that's normal since they have to make sure that it doesn't become cancerous (according to my doc)

How are you holding up? Again I am so, so sorry you're going through this.

Also, I agree with the last poster that a second opinion may be in order, they can do tests without terminating to be certain whether or not it's partial molar. They just need to do an amnio... if there's 3 sets of chromosomes it's partial molar, otherwise it isn't.

Hello lovely, im sorry to read your story. I had a CMP in August last year. I had to have chemo which i finished in December. We decided after all the research and talking to charring cross we would wait 6 months rather than the full year. We start ttc in June. Its a long road and very scary at the beginning and you feel like you will never reach the end but you do. There is a molar and partial molar group with lots of lovely ladies who are great to talk to. Im sending you some hugs.

Thinkin g of you

xxx

Hello ladies:hi:

I am so sorry for all your losses. You are not alone. I had a partial molar pregnancy in March of this year. Found out on my anniversary I had missed miscarried. After my D&C was done my hcg dropped to <0 in April. They have stayed below zero. I really want to conceive now and not wait the full year. Any body else in the same boat?

Hey hun, so sorry you had to go through this. It’s tough! Why are there reasons for you waiting out a year? Your levels dropped quite quickly?! I was told to wait a year from my last chemotherapy. I researched and we choose to try after 6 months. Xx

Hey hun, so sorry you had to go through this. It’s tough! Why are there reasons for you waiting out a year? Your levels dropped quite quickly?! I was told to wait a year from my last chemotherapy. I researched and we choose to try after 6 months. Xx

I believe I was below zero by may for sure.The nurse practician told me that I needed to be followed for 1 yr so they can monitor me from getting cancer. But I have read a lot that women have not waited the year. I really want to have another baby now and not wait. Any suggestions!

I'm so sorry you have been through this difficult time. Wishing you lots of luck :hugs:

I believe I was below zero by may for sure.The nurse practician told me that I needed to be followed for 1 yr so they can monitor me from getting cancer. But I have read a lot that women have not waited the year. I really want to have another baby now and not wait. Any suggestions!

I know things change but when I had my molar a lady with a PMP had a less wait time than a lady with a CMP. The thing that changed the wait to a year was when you had chemo. I done loads and loads of research and found that by 6 months clear after chemo that the percentage goes down loads. The risk of having another molar is so very low. Yes increased as we’ve had one before but still very low. Are you from the uk? USA? I’m under charring cross and they are very good at responding to emails. I guess you need to do some research and ask questions and see how you feel after? For us we waited 6 months.... I feel pregnant the 2nd month trying but ended in mc at 5-6 weeks (I had to have bloods every other day to monitor my hcg because of the molar but all was fine) we waited a month as we got married then fell the following month and we had our rainbow. You have to feel comfortable in your choice my lovely xx

I know things change but when I had my molar a lady with a PMP had a less wait time than a lady with a CMP. The thing that changed the wait to a year was when you had chemo. I done loads and loads of research and found that by 6 months clear after chemo that the percentage goes down loads. The risk of having another molar is so very low. Yes increased as we’ve had one before but still very low. Are you from the uk? USA? I’m under charring cross and they are very good at responding to emails. I guess you need to do some research and ask questions and see how you feel after? For us we waited 6 months.... I feel pregnant the 2nd month trying but ended in mc at 5-6 weeks (I had to have bloods every other day to monitor my hcg because of the molar but all was fine) we waited a month as we got married then fell the following month and we had our rainbow. You have to feel comfortable in your choice my lovely xx

Thank you so much for your advise. I am from USA.

I honestly feel good about trying to conceive but it scares me thinking I might get cancer as the doctor/ nurse keep throwing that out there. I feel like my self again but I am going to get a second opinion from my actual ob/gyn... the doctors now are from a high risk office and I fee they just want to follow up for their convenience. This is traumatic:/

I think once it’s removed and you’ve had a certain time of below 5 hcg your ok. When I had my cmp I had a d&c and about 10 days later I was cramping and bleeding the 3rd night I haemorrhaged and after scanning me they found that it had regrown. That’s why I had 3 months of chemo. I’d defo talk to someone else and get a different opinion xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->