TTC and childs starsign.

AimeeM

Mum to 3 Boys.
Reaction score
Does anyone plan to ttc so their baby would possibly be a particular starsign?

After a very bad childhood relationship with my mum and much research later, i believe the combination of mother-child starsigns and compatibility and relationship, i believe compatible signs make for the best parent child bonds.

My sister and my mum are proof of this, Aries and Sagittarius.

We are not compatible, Scorpio and Sagg.

With luck i am most compatible with my two sons by chance of how it fell. I will though if ttc again try and plan it to fall so the birth would be within one of these signs.

I appreciate it would be very difficult and some people think it is stupid.

What are your views?

I dont belive personaly has anything to do with your star sign. Me and OH are both vergos and are so different in every way.

It isn't about similarities or differences but to do with compatibility! Own signs tend to be very compatible.

Personally I don't believe in any of that so I wouldn't consider it myself. If you do, I'd think about two things though: 1.) You could only ttc every few cycles to have a chance to hit your desired star signs and 2.) There's a phenomenon psychologists call "self-fullfilling prophecies". Basically the danger is that you try for a particular star sign and your child (for whatever reason) is born slightly early or late and ends up being another. You're then at a danger to think that you and your child are incompatible and can never have a truely close relationship. Worse, you might attribute any difficulties with the child to it being the "wrong" star sign. This will confirm your belief that you are incompatible and might strengthen your belief that you can never have a good relationship, which means you to try less subconciously.
I think if you do some real research, you will find that star signs are nothing to do with the relationship between a mother and a child. If you asked 100 random people about their relationship with their mother and their respective star signs, I am sure you'd get good and bad relationships in all combinations.

Hmmm I find alot of the people i dont get along with (including my mum) are geminis (I am leo) now if my lo were born 5 days early he would of been a gemini so we joked that he would do it as murphys law, but i dont think id miss a ttc chance just cos of the star sign

Its not practical tbh. My LO was due in September but came in June....no chance there for me to be picky about anything! Its hard enough TTC without trying to land a certain starsign!

No, i think the relationships you have with people are due to the way you make them not what star sign you are! I dont have a clue if me & my daughter are meant to be compatible or not but i know if there were ever problems in our relationship i would look at how to fix it not blame it on star signs

Well i am not blaming it on starsigns actually but it is the only reason i could see why my own mum would hate me for your info.

I found out recently that my own parents did this and I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all. In fact, I did ask people's opinions on this very subject a few months ago. I didn't get much response, as I assume those that do believe in it keep quiet so as to avoid being made the subject of ridicule etc (although the ladies on here are all so lovely that this seems unlikely, whatever the subject).

People will plan their TTC to avoid exams or Christmas or January or winter, so why not for a certain star sign if they believe strongly enough?

Obviously though there's no way of knowing if you'll give birth prematurely or be overdue, which could well affect the starsign. Though, like another poster mentioned above, there is the danger that you may relate problems with that child to their starsign/your compatibility rather than anything else.

At the end of the day it's totally your life and your choice. Just because others don't agree with it or understand it doesn't mean it isn't right for you.

I don't believe in it....I don't think that the time of yr you're born in has got anything to do with your personality or compatibility with other starsigns.

I would never even consider to TTC at a certain so my child has a certain starsign.

Aimee, if this is what you want to do, do it - who cares whether anyone else thinks it is silly, the baby will be yours not theirs. I don't think it is any more or less 'silly' than certain people saying they would rather not have a baby close to Xmas, for example. Their plans are just as likely to fail, and I don't see anyone suggesting that they are being silly for trying that. Do it your way hun! x

I actually believe in starsigns a lot. Myself, OH, and our children all fit the personalities of our starsigns. It's kind of weird to be honest. I am going to try to avoid having a Gemini child because that's what I am and I don't think we'd be very compatible.

If it happens, it happens, and I'm not too concerned about it, but I definitely see your point. I think you should do what makes you happy and if that's trying for a certain star sign, then I don't see a problem. Like others have said, it's like TTC around exams or holidays. :)

I think this is really interesting hun :)
Made me go on google and check out what I'm compatible with.... Think when I start ttc will just be happy to be pregnant and all be fine though! Hehe

Starsigns are utter bullcrap so I certainly wont(don't need to mention that even if you believe , in it it has gone out of sync and the 13th zodiac was never part of horoscopes either)

Quite an interesting topic!

I do think astrology in general is quite interesting to read about, but I (personally) wouldn't base my life decisions on it. However, a lot of people do (even famous people from history consulted astrologists for favourable dates for things like marriages etc).

One thing to be aware of, is that the astrology you generally read about in the papers/magazines is what is called sun sign astrology - it gives a general reading on just your sun sign (i.e. where the sun was in the solar system in the month of your birth). If you are really into astrology, you need to get something called a birth chart drawn up - this is your complete chart. Things like your ascending sign, moon sign etc really have a big effect on your chart. To get a chart, it is quite mathematical, you have to know your exact time and place of birth. So, if you believe in this sort of thing, a lot of things could affect your chart and therefore your relationship with others.

For me, I see astrology as a bit fun. I think, like others have said, if you get your hopes up for say concieving a virgo and then your baby was late, you would end up with a libra baby and could feel disappointed. It could also leave you with missing out on a lot of good ttc possibilities.

Good luck with ttc, whatever you decide to do.

xxx

The funny thing about the sun sign now, is that because the ecliptic changes, the stars under which one is born change too, so now it is actually Gemini is actually up in July, and Cancer in Lion etc. As well as the poor snakes carrier who is totally neglected in horoscope zodica, but who is in the ecliptic.

I do think astrology in general is quite interesting to read about, but I (personally) wouldn't base my life decisions on it. However, a lot of people do (even famous people from history consulted astrologists for favourable dates for things like marriages etc).

One thing to be aware of, is that the astrology you generally read about in the papers/magazines is what is called sun sign astrology - it gives a general reading on just your sun sign (i.e. where the sun was in the solar system in the month of your birth). If you are really into astrology, you need to get something called a birth chart drawn up - this is your complete chart. Things like your ascending sign, moon sign etc really have a big effect on your chart. To get a chart, it is quite mathematical, you have to know your exact time and place of birth. So, if you believe in this sort of thing, a lot of things could affect your chart and therefore your relationship with others.

For me, I see astrology as a bit fun. I think, like others have said, if you get your hopes up for say concieving a virgo and then your baby was late, you would end up with a libra baby and could feel disappointed. It could also leave you with missing out on a lot of good ttc possibilities.

xxx

Thank you hun, i have had my birth chart done and so has my husband. I put starsign instead of sun as that is how most refer to it xx

iam not sure as my star sign seems to always come up with wrong things about me the only thing that could be right is yes iam a gemini and iam a twin but other things with it arnt that acurate but iam open to it but i think i will just be happy to get to the stage of ttc lmao

xxx

Thank you hun, i have had my birth chart done and so has my husband. I put starsign instead of sun as that is how most refer to it xx

I think your sun sign is your star sign. Most astrologers in newspapers etc go by where the sun is in the solar system on various months - this changes very little year to year as the sun will always travel through the sky in the same position every year, well we travel around the sun, making it look as if in the same position in the sky, if you know what I mean (if that makes sense) - I think there is only a extremely small movement say every 100 years. So we basically know that if you are born in say May (between certain dates) you will be a Gemini. Only people born on the cusp between two different signs may find that they have to go to their actual birth chart to know which sun sign they belong to (as a reading in the paper may make them one (sun)sign, but their actual chart will show they are another). So sun sign astrology is basically the same thing as reading your star sign.

xxx

I think your sun sign is your star sign. Most astrologers in newspapers etc go by where the sun is in the solar system on various months - this changes very little year to year as the sun will always travel through the sky in the same position every year, well we travel around the sun, making it look as if in the same position in the sky, if you know what I mean (if that makes sense) - I think there is only a extremely small movement say every 100 years. So we basically know that if you are born in say May (between certain dates) you will be a Gemini. Only people born on the cusp between two different signs may find that they have to go to their actual birth chart to know which sun sign they belong to (as a reading in the paper may make them one (sun)sign, but their actual chart will show they are another). So sun sign astrology is basically the same thing as reading your star sign.

Sorry, I just reread your post - I think we are saying the same things!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"