TTC and MMC which went badly wrong...

ali...cat

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a MMC last year. Found out at 12 week scan on 1 Nov that there was no heartbeat. Was devestated. I then had a medical m/c which I was not prepared for at all. started bleeding 3 hours after the tablets - severe pain and bleeding and lost a lot of solid material. The bleeding continued and then 2 days later severe pain again and lost the placenta. Then 3 days after that lost the gestational sac. Don't even know how this was possible after everthing I lost on the first day. I then continued to bleed - heavily and constantly. after 3 weeks I contacted the hospital, went in for scan and there were still 'products' (as they kindly put it) remaining. This continued for another 2 weeks and I was then put through the medical miscarriage again. This time nothing - but still constantly bleeding. They then decided they didn't know what to do with me so booked me in for a surgical (not D&C, but can't remember the other one, begins with E...) I wasn't happy with this so went private. It turned out that I had a polyp and this was removed. They don't know whether this caused the miscarriage or the excessive bleeding (had heavy bleeding for 7 weeks in total). Eventualy the bleeding slowed and then stoped just before Christmas. I then had my first period (which I was told to expect as the consultant that did a private ultrasound tole me when it would occur by looking at my ovaries (- clever stuff!) on 31 Dec 2010. The whole experience was horrific and I think I've deal with it as best as I can and am now just trying to look to the future.

Since then we have worked on the fact that I will be ovulating and have been ttc. I did want to use ovulation tests, but just didn't have the energy this time so I'm not sure exactly when I ovulated, but working on last Thurs/Fri. We did catch first time last time (very lucky I know) so I'm really hoping that it will happen again. But it's all I can think of now. It's not helped that a colleague has just told me that she is pregnant and my best friend has just told me (and it was an accident). I have the tests ready and I just want to start taking them now. I'm not due on my period until 28 Jan so I know it is far too early, but I just can't wait until next week. I know that there is no way I will make it until the day my period is due! I had some really thick and creamy cm today, so I've spent the last hour trying to research if that tells me anything - any ideas? I think I am going to go mad before next week and how I will get through the following month if we are not lucky this month I do not know.

Sorry for rambling on and thank you for reading. I used this forum in the first week of my MMC and it was so supportive and helpful. After that I just couldn't face anything and haven't been able to be back on until now. But glad I have ome back as I know it will be so helpful to chat with people in the same situation.

thank you and big hugs to all xxx

Hi hun, didnt want to read and run..
Firstly i wanna say how sorry i am for what you've had to go through :hugs:
Must have been a very hard time for you sweety and its such a good job that you went privately and found out about the polyp! the hospital would have never looked into anything like that (well, especially not around here!) I really wish you all the best of luck for the futre hun and that you get your BFP very very soon.
If you need to chat then feel free to pm me.
xx

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: sounds like you have had an horrendous time :(

I don't think TTC is ever the same again after a loss, which is why it's so great we have this forum so we can all help each other through.

I hope you don't have long to wait before you get your sticky :bfp:

Hi Ali

So sorry for your loss, I can sympathise with you. I had a mmc at 12 weeks last April, had medical management. Bleed for 3 more months until they decided to do a DnC. After about 3 months of spotting doc booked me for a sonogram, I have a polyp 2. Dont how wether I had this before or is a result of mc and all the problems. Anyway Im scheduled to have that removed soon.

Good luck I hope you get your BFP soon :hugs:

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your kind messages. Bluesky - they didn't know whether my polyp was pre or post pregnancy either. Thou they did say if it was pre it 'could' have caused the mc. I am so glad you are getting yours removed. Sounds like you 've had it worse than me. Are you actively trying at the mo?

I really hope we all get our BFP's soon. I think you are right Emilyrose - it is never the same trying after a loss. Feel like I am going insane at the moment waiting! Good luck to us all x And thank you again xxx

Yes ive been trying for the last 4 cycles, ( i caught the second month of trying the first time) I had a break after because I had some basic mc testing done and wanted my body to heal. Although still no BFP I am trying to be positive.

Sending you lots of :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"