TTC and Thyroid Issues

NadiaSweety

Reaction score
So I am scheduled for a partial thyroidectomy on July 29th. They are taking out the right lobe of my thyroid that has become enlarged since last winter. It is benign but has grown to 4.7 cm though all my hormone tests are within "normal" limits.

We have been TTC#1 for 11 months now with no success yet. I am hoping this will help us in the long run because there was obviously a problem with my thyroid despite the tests being "normal".

I was wondering if anyone else has has thyroid surgery and how long it took to get your hormone levels under control. Or How long it took to get pregnant afterward.

I have not had thyroid surgery but I found out at around month 8 of TTC our DS that I had a hypoactive thyroid. My levels were regulated month 9 and that was when we finally conceived DS. DH is convinced that my thyroid was the reason it took us so long to conceive...

Good luck with the surgery and lots of :dust:

Thanks for your reply. I too think that it the thyroid enlargement is likely affecting my fertility. I am scared for surgery but I am hopeful that this will help get things back in order whether that is naturally or with hormone replacements. We have been TTC almost a year and I would bet that this has played a part in our troubles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->