TTC at 36, is it that different from ttc at 34?

Chocoholic123

Reaction score
So I know they say fertility declines rapidly at 35. I got pregnant with my son at 34, had him at 35 and am now ttc number 2 at 36. I am thinking it can't be that much harder to get pregnant at 36 than 34 can it? But reading all the stuff online about conceiving over 35 it's worrying :(

I conceived DS at 34, had him at 35, and he took 7 months to conceive. I've been TTC #2 since december and no luck so far despite using cbfm and DTD at all the right times each month. My cycles are a few days shorter now than they were back then. I've had basic tests and everything appears normal (for my age) but the dr said anything up to 2 years is normal at 37 (which i now am) and to keep trying until January before going back to see him.

It really depends on the woman. Some women start to have trouble after 35 and some have no issues at all. There's soooo many factors involved so don't start worrying about the statistics too soon.

I am 38 and I have been TTC #2 since last November. I definitely think that age has been a factor for me. However, the more I learn about it the more I think that age is not really an insurmountable barrier. From what I've been reading it's not age in and of itself but some of the things that usually happen as we age that is the problem. As we age, less blood tends to flow to the reproductive organs. Also, hormonal changes and long term nutritional deficiencies can play a part. I think once these are addressed, age shouldn't stop a woman who is still able to ovulate and has a uterus from getting pregnant...Or at least I'm hoping!!

Thanks for your replies. It took 6 months to get pregnant with DS but we were quite casual about it all I guess. I didn't follow my cycle or anything like that but this time I really want a second one asap and am thinking its going to take time if at all and I will be disappointed ! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->