TTC at 38!

Sweet_Alida

Mommy to Alida
Reaction score
Hello Ladies!
I'm new to this section. I am 37 years old but I will be 38 on 12/26!!! I thought it was going to be my cycle but NOPE the witch showed up Monday. But on the bright side I started my job on Monday too! We just moved to Georgia because my daughter has a rare lung disease and she was not doing well in the high altitude of Utah and my dh was able to get transferred to Georgia. I've been trying to get my nursing license since we moved here in April and it's been a total nightmare. I really think some of my problems TTc have been the stress of getting this license. I finally got my Temporary nursing license! The Georgia board is making me do a preceptorship before they will give me my permanent license because I didn't work for a full year in Utah as an RN(but I did work for 5 years as an LPN in a childrens hospital).
I've never worked adults before I've only worked Pediatrics(children/babies). I will be working in an adult hospital in the ER and Labor and delivery. So hopefully I can figure out how to care for the "big" kids! LOL! I know I will do fine in L&D but I'm a little nervous about the ER!
We have been trying for baby #2 since Jan 2010 kinda stopped during the move and then started again once we got to Georgia in April. I have endometriosis and I had to have a "clean out" in order to get pregnant with my daughter. After my endo clean out in 2008 I got pregnant just 2 months later! I was hoping and praying for the same turn around, but not such luck this time. I had an Endo clean-out in Sept. Life kinda took a turn for a month too. My daddy passed away in Sept. and both my dogs had to have surgery. My husband had to leave most of October with his job(which isn't unusual) and so maybe now that life has calmed down a little I can get my bfp!
Okay so that was a little long winded! Sorry. Nice to meet everyone. Good Luck I hope everyone gets their Christmas BFP!

Hi Sweet_Alida. I am new to this forum also. I am 38, 39 in February & trying for number 3. I had a miscarriage 2 years ago, & have been tying on & off for the past 12 months. This month we have decided to try SMEP, to see if that brings any success.
Good luck with your TTC journey. Your daughter is beautiful also.

Hi Alida, Welcome to the board! good luck with your ttc journey, It sounds like you have been very busy, I hope that now that you are getting settled thay you will get your bfp soon.

Hi there,

I'm 38 and TTC #5. Just wanted to wish you luck for a fast BFP! :dust::dust::dust:

Hi hi I am too 38 will be 39 in May.. welcome and hopefully you will get your BFP! This is a new year so if not for Christmas .. we always have NEW YEARS LADIES!!!!!!! All things beginning with new life.. a new start.. and new hope! Baby dust to all and good luck :)

Hi,im new to this site so not quite sure how it works yet! Im 36 and trying for baby number 3,my last period was on the 7th of feb and i ovulated between the 18th and 23rd. Im due on in a week but have been feeling "pregnant" for about a week now,symptoms are very similar to pms so im very confused at the moment.I soooo want to be pregnant but think its just wishful thinking,is anyone else feeling the same?

Hi,im new to this site so not quite sure how it works yet! Im 36 and trying for baby number 3,my last period was on the 7th of feb and i ovulated between the 18th and 23rd. Im due on in a week but have been feeling "pregnant" for about a week now,symptoms are very similar to pms so im very confused at the moment.I soooo want to be pregnant but think its just wishful thinking,is anyone else feeling the same?

Lol yes this sounds like me dinnerlady!! I too am TTC #3 but only stopped BCP at start Feb this year so not hopeful for this first cycle as dont know what my body is up to - even though both DS and DD were both conceived one month off BCP.

Lots of symptoms have been appearing for about 10 days now but ,like you say preg and pms are similar!!

good luck for you hun :)

Lol yes this sounds like me dinnerlady!! I too am TTC #3 but only stopped BCP at start Feb this year so not hopeful for this first cycle as dont know what my body is up to - even though both DS and DD were both conceived one month off BCP.

Lots of symptoms have been appearing for about 10 days now but ,like you say preg and pms are similar!!

I know LOTS Of people that got pregnant right off the BCP so let us know LOL

I'm 38 and ttc with my gorgeous DH we have been trying for 3 years, with "some" sucesses but unfortunately never the sticky bean we are both desperate for.....we've been using CBFM for the first time this month so maybe we have got the timing right where previously we weren't timing everything. I have had internal scan and "dye through tubes" where I was told it took a little longer than it should of to go through but that was probably due to slight blockage which would of been flushed through with the dye. Other than that I have "no problems" according to the FS and this label of "unexplained infertility" drives me mad, there must be something that's not going right after 3 previous pregnancy's that were problem free...... now i'm enduring the tww and keeping my fingers so firmly crossed that i'm getting cramp! lol
Anyone else with 12 days to go until testing feel free to be my TCC buddy :) xx

Good luck to you too,im not hopeful now 2 BFN one 9dpo and one 11dpo upto now,maybe too early to test but think the witch will turn up monday! :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->