TTC baby #1 - NEW TO THIS!

amanthony

Z's Mama
Reaction score
My name is Amanda. I don't really know the lingo and I never thought I'd sign up on one of these kinds of things, but...here I am, posting my first bulletin and about to give a bunch of strangers WAY too much information about myself and my sex life. Here goes...

I'm 25 and my husband is 38. I've been married for about a year and 3 months. I went off of birth control in March of 2008, and in June we started having unprotected sex. We said we'd just take a "let's see what happens" approach, but we both thought unprotected sex=pregnancy. Well, after 2 months of not getting pregnant we realized that wasn't right. We both admitted that we really wanted it to happen sooner rather than later, and we started learning a little bit more about conception. Our third month of trying was really our first month of trying...not using lube, having sex around the time I might be ovulating (my periods are somewhat irregular--usually 28-31 day cycles--so we're working with a bigger time frame in the ovulation charting). We weren't 100% serious, though--still smoking some (I know, I know...it's awful. I'm just trying to be honest, though, and we though--we did cut back), having sex with me on top, using saliva in foreplay. I started taking early pregnancy tests 5 days before the lastest expected start day, but they were all negative. When my period was late I didn't know what to think, but I did start...2 days late. This month we got more serious. We've been using ovulation tests, we both quit smoking (YAY us!), started exercising regularly, using Pre-Seed and Pre during sex, making sure that he's on top, plus I've been elevating my legs and hips for 20 minutes after sex (not the sexiest of ways to end it, but hey...we really want to do what we can to make a baby). So...that's where we're at. It's been a long 4 months, but it's been great. We've become healthier people through it, which will make us better parents. We've become closer through it, and our sex life has actually become much better, as well (although some of the rules aren't our favorites). Anyway...thanks for listening. Any tips/advice on babymaking (and on being patient, which seems to be the hardest part!) would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be here!

It's SO HARD to be patient! How long have you been trying?

Hi Amanda

I am also new to this...

But I do know how you feel. We have also been trying for some time and the difficult part is the waiting - we have had different treatments now but unfortunately no luck yet. Just wanted to say best of luck and hope to hear how you get on.

xx

Hi Amanda

I am also new to this...

But I do know how you feel. We have also been trying for some time and the difficult part is the waiting - we have had different treatments now but unfortunately no luck yet. Just wanted to say best of luck and hope to hear how you get on.

xx

Thanks LucieL!

It's scary and exciting and awful all at once, isn't it? Where are you guys in the baby game? I'm waiting for 10/27 to get here for that test (and hoping I'll be patient enough to wait until the 27th to take a test).

Hi Amanda, Im new here to. I have just come off the pill and i am in my first cycle of TTC.
Look forward to hearing on how you are doing and will be waiting for your BFP!!
Hope it comes sooner rather than later - the waiting it awful as I found out with my first!!

Good Luck

Gem

Hi Amanda, Im new here to. I have just come off the pill and i am in my first cycle of TTC.
Look forward to hearing on how you are doing and will be waiting for your BFP!!
Hope it comes sooner rather than later - the waiting it awful as I found out with my first!!

Good Luck

Gem

I hope you don't have any more waits and you get that BFP this cycle!

It's so hard to be patient, only to get that negative!

Thanks for writing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"