TTC buddies Wanted!

Ravenrose08

Mother of 2 and bump
Reaction score
Hi there,

Im looking to make some friends who are currently ttc. We start ttc on 21st Feb after my implant has been removed. Has anyone been ttc who was on the implant? Anyone ttc is welcome.

:flower:

Heylo! I had my implant removed 20/12/11. Had my first AF, 36 days later on the 26th of January and I ovulated yesterday :D Currently in the two week wait :D

I don't have any 'implant buddies' so would be more than happy to be TTC buddies :D

Thats great hun, have accepted request - feel free to mail me anytime, am on here daily. Oh and good luck !!! xx

I had in a year and 3 months i think. I was on the injection before that.

Allright. I had about 3 implants. Got pregnant on the last one but I had an MC which sort of led us to TTC :D Looking forward to having it out? :D

Is is possible to get pregnant on the implant? how did that happen? Yes im so excied, ive bought all the pregnancy books, some baby clothes and other stuff. Even starting to prepare the baby rrom already !!

Is is possible to get pregnant on the implant? how did that happen? Yes im so excied, ive bought all the pregnancy books, some baby clothes and other stuff. Even starting to prepare the baby rrom already !!

It most definitely is. No method of contraception is 100% effective, apparently only one in a thousand gets pregnant on the implant, well, I'm lucky, or unlucky should I say? I only found out as I was super sensitive to smell, like, suuuuper. Kept throwing up for like two weeks and then started bleeding, quite heavily, turned out to be an MC. Wasn't planned or anything as you can guess but somehow got us to TTC? :thumbup: As soon as that happened, I had my implant removed:thumbup: Started taking prenatals, actually eating properly and stopped drinking 16 coffeees a day! Moved on to caffeine free fruit teas :thumbup: Started tracking CM, cervix and the whole cycle. Everything but temping as that's too stressful, and.. here we are.

Have you started taking prenatals yet or at least folic acid?

Ah i see, well that is unusual. I have no idea where to start ttc apart from just going for it lol. I have just purchased a basal thermometer and some OPK strips but not sure where to start.

Im currently taking folic acid. Is there something else i should be taking/doing?

I don't know about you gyno but mine said to wait until I get my first AF and to start that cycle because she has a few patients who got pregnant without their first AF and miscarried at some point later. Once AF arrives, it means you're good and cleaned out if that makes sense? Because I already miscarried whilst having the implant I was impatiently waiting for my first AF to arrive. In the mean time - track your cervical mucus - whether it's white and sticky, stretchy and clear, watery, etc - track your cervix position too. IF it's low down it means you're not fertile yet, once it starts to move up and is up it means you're fertile time is coming OR you're fertile, at that point you should have EWCM too. Start using OPK as soon as you get watery CM and until you get a positive, test once/twice a day. Best time to test is around 2pm and then around 7-8pm. Never use FMU for O test like I did :haha:

Temping is quite stressful and I think that you only really need it to say you've ovulated as it doesn't tell you when you're going to ovulate. SO, if you have EWCM, positive OPK, you're more likely have ovulated in a 36 hour period from pos OPK, temping just confirms what day it was. BUT it's up to you if you feel up to it. I might start temping again next cycle if I don't get a BFP this one.

Taking prenatals can be quite helpful, especially in my case when I've already miscarried and after having blood tests I turned out to be anaemic. Folic acid itself is fine though. I found buying prenatals being cheaper than folic acid though, you don't have to get the expensive ones, the superdrug brand are just as good OR you can take multivitamins but be careful with Vitamin A as it's not too welcome when TTC and pregnant.

TTC is just keeping a good track of what's happening with your body!

I dont have a gyno hun, all i have been told is after removal go ahead and try, havent been given any info and been trying to figure things out for myself. So do you think i should wait until i get a AF before trying. Ive always been a bit up and down but before the implant i used to get AF around the 22nd of the month give or take a day. Do i need to use protection until after AF? Sorry about all the questions.

Im okay with tracking cervical mucous as i have noticed the difference throughout the month but as for checking position, how do i do that, i know that sound stupid. Can my partner check as im so squeemish about touching myself at all. But he doesnt mind :/

Whats EWCM? Sorry im a noob!

I have been given a folic acid prescription from the doc which works out cheaper for me as i dont work, do i need to take any other supplements?

I dont have a gyno hun, all i have been told is after removal go ahead and try, havent been given any info and been trying to figure things out for myself. So do you think i should wait until i get a AF before trying. Ive always been a bit up and down but before the implant i used to get AF around the 22nd of the month give or take a day. Do i need to use protection until after AF? Sorry about all the questions.

Im okay with tracking cervical mucous as i have noticed the difference throughout the month but as for checking position, how do i do that, i know that sound stupid. Can my partner check as im so squeemish about touching myself at all. But he doesnt mind :/

Whats EWCM? Sorry im a noob!

I have been given a folic acid prescription from the doc which works out cheaper for me as i dont work, do i need to take any other supplements?

Well, my gyno said MC are quite possible if you get pregnant without the first AF, it's better to let the body clean up and wait for first AF. I did anyway, it's your option, but I was too scared of having an mc again :cry:

Cervix - now, you go in, down a little bit, up a bit and you should find it. It will either feel like the tip of your nose or your lips. It feels soft like lips when you're fertile, it's also a little bit open. It will be firm and closed during non fertile time of your cycle. It will also be low if you're not fertile and high when you go into your fertile time.

Fertile and good to go = soft, open, high.
Non fertile time = firm, closed, low.

Now, for EWCM = Egg White Cervical Mucous = CM that looks like egg! You get it around ovulation but it will also disappear the day or so after O. It nourishes the sperm, keeps it up living for longer and helps it get through to the eggy. :D

You don't need to use protection, let it happen, it's your and only your personal choice.

Keep in mind that first AF can take a day or 6 months to arrive too! :wacko: I was quite lucky getting it quite fast, the first cycle though, I did not ovulate. Cycles are not always regular afterwards too :( Vitex helps bring on the period and regulate the whole cycle. You can buy it for about 5 pounds in Holland and Barrets. It's a herb that sorts out your hormones. I took it until I got my first AF then stopped.

I think as long as you're taking folic acid, you'll be fine :)

ok well i think i understand now. I didnt really want to wait up to six months for AF so i think i will take my chances. I will pray for AF quickly after implant removal but if it doesnt happen, will just let things happen.

Im going to try and monitor things tho as much as possible and see what happens. When do i know how to test using OPK's? As i may not have AF, will checking CM be enough?

Thanks for all the info and help youve given me so far :)

Tracking CM itself is fine. It will become watery, clear and stretchy during ovulation and it will stay white/creamy and sticky during the non fertile time of your cycle :D

Well shall keep an eye on that. Rather hasty to get started with all this. Have to wait a week tho :/

Ive had flu for last 7 days but i think im finally over it. So annoying! Im just looking forward to Tuesday!!! WOO

Ive purchased a moses basket and stand, ive been given a cot and a baby holder, some toys and some clothes. So its pretty awesome. Ive also decided to make some blankets and stuff of my own so an purchasing some fleece and cotton on friday!

My OH has got some money together to decorate the nursery too :D

How are you?

Good :D

Woah, that's awesome! But you do realise it can take over a year to conceive, right? Especially if you have irregular cycles after implant removal.. just calm down a little :p don't get your hopes up too high for a baby this year.

Yeah i know it can take a while but also it may swing the other way. Im not hoping just preparing so that when it does happen, all i have to do it sit back and relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->