TTC & Fibromyalgia

jennpeary

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there TTC also dxed with Fibromyalgia?

I was taking three meds to manage it and I had to come off the Lyrica before even TTC. I am still on two others that my OB say are okay to continue till I get a BFP. We are having some really wacky weather with ice (I live in South Texas and we NEVER get weather like this) and the schools are closing but waiting till the last minute which is stressing me out since I'm a teacher.

What have you found to help manage your pain? Today I woke up in bad shape and it got a bit better around lunch but it has gotten much worse this evening... I do yoga at the YMCA (a great class) once a week and try to get rest and take it easy with little stress but that's not cutting it!

Help? Anyone??

Me :) I am now off al pain killers for it, i still get some aches and pains but iv learnt that sleep is the most important thing for me, I go to bed at 9 when I have work the next day and sleep a bit later but i make sure I get 8 hours. On my days off I get st least 10 hours, the more the better.

I am still taking elavil (old-school antidepressant approved for fibro) and ultram (pain med) to manage the pain. I am hoping I will be able to survive without the meds after I get pregnant.

My OB told me that the fibro would go away after I got pregnant (at least for the 9 months). Have you understood that to be the case too?

Have you tried a gluten-free/yeast-free diet to manage the fibromyalgia?

I have hypermobility syndrome which is similar to fibro in many ways. I too find sleep the most important. I'm only taking amitriptyline now to help me sleep but will have to come off it when pregnant, not sure how I'll cope but needs must.xx

I hate to say but I researched t a lot and fibro symptoms actually seem to be exacerbated by pregnancy for a lpt of ppl because so many of them are the same, aches, tiredness etc.

I too have hypermobility syndrome....I no right u shud c my list of medical complaints!! That is the one that worries me the most, I got bad ankles, knees, hips and wrists so thy will more than likely get worse in pregnancy too as joints get more lax.

Honestly ladies since I came off all pain meds (no gabapentin or anything helped me, ended up on butrans patches) i feel better. I weaned myself off them because I wanted to be off before TTC, my pain is actually better now than when I was on them because iv learnt to manage it in other ways than just taking pain killers. I no that if I sit for a log time my back kills, I no if I stand or lay funny something else will hurt. I no if I don't exercise I get stiff and then things get worse.

Fibro goes hand in hand withb sleep disorders whig make problems worse so even if u don't want to, u need to make sure ur in bed early enough to get 8 hours minimum. I remeber I used to drive to work and feel like I was about to fall asleep driving because 6 hors wasn't enough, during that time I was so ill I had to chane jobs and go part time, it took me 6 months to feel human again.

Lifestyle changes are the best thing u can do x

I also have hypermobility syndrome and worry about how I will be able to carry a baby. I'm just falling apart! I didn't start falling apart till after I had my DD9 years ago. lol

I have fibromyalgia i am off all meds now apart from amitryptline for sleep and pain. I notice with my last pregnancy that i was ok until the last few week when my pain increased but was manageable with lots of rest

I have fibro and am off all medications. Pain wise I'm okay. It's sleeping that I cant do. I'm just really frustrated because it's been 4 months and I can't imagine another 8 before they do tests. Anyone else feel like this?

Ash I'm the same, its 10pm here and im about to sleep because iv been sleeping so badly and I'm strting to feel pain coming. I'm not at work Friday so i intend to sleep unil about midday. When it got really bad i used to nap when i got home from work for an hour and then go to bed early, i was wasting my day by sleeping a lot but if It meant being able to continue working and not being in pain then I was willing to do it.
Luckily i think Il only have to wait until 6 months to get started on tests etc because i have endo and I. ur easily just ask for another surgery, however I'm not sure i wud want more, my last one is what triggered the fibro, I was fine before that, since then iv felt like my body is falling to pieces lol.

Hang in there girls i promise there's light at the end of the tunnel, if u cant see it, maybe u took a wrong turn and need to take a different route to get there

I take vitamin E and melatonin to help me. Also taking my amitryptine at 5 pm helps a lot. There are nights that I can't sleep because I am in so much pain so I have started to be more proactive about it. I have Tylenol #3 as a rescue med. so if I am in pain when I get home I take one with dinner so that it's kicked in for bed time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->