TTC First baby at 38

Plenora

Reaction score
Just turned 38 and TTC first child, TTC child with previous partner many years ago but didn't work out and never found out why. Now on day 23 of cycle so not long now to find out. This is the first month trying with my new man (together 2.5 years so not that new!) :) So so very much hoping it's my/our time this time, watched so many go through this over the years and been very happy for them but would really want this for us now. I know the chances are small but you never know. If it hasn't happened after six months will go to the drs and try and get some assistance.

Here's hoping!

If there's anything special I can be doing to help that anyone can recommend then I'd really appreciate the advice.

Plenora

ps good luck to everyone on here

Good luck! :dust:

There are more tips on here than you can shake a stick at. If you followed them all you would be drinking tonnes of different things, eating weird things whilst cutting loads of other things out, wearing moonstone, rose quartz etc.

You need to do what is right for you. I gave up caffeine and diet drinks (aspartame) and cut down on alcohol. I also lost a stone to get my BMI near ideal.

Hope you don't need to any of those and you get your BFP quickly :kiss:

Good luck! I am 35 and trying for my first with my partner of 5 years. Been on POP all that time and just has first real cycle. :dust: to you! x

I tried acupunture (also lost weight, healthy eating, etc.) as we were about to start IVF (but got pregnant naturally) -- even if you're not into eastern medicine (and I didn't do all the herbs, etc.,) the acupuncture helped to relax me alot....!

best wishes and good luck!

Thank you everyone just on the last few days wait now. Just cheeked CP and it's high and soft on CD 24 which I have read can be a good sign? I think it's usually low and hard at this stage with me. Dare I Hope?! Other than this just feeling the usual PMS symptoms . another few days to go and will be finding out. Thank goodness its weekend!!

im 38 almost 39 and ttc by myself. good luck

Welcome and good luck !

I hope your time here is short :flower:

Wasn't my time this month :-( just started day one of next cycle af showed up this morning :-( . Hopes were really raised and now feeling so deflated. It's so hard going into work feeling like this. Hate this part!!

I am married second time and I am 38. And just had an ultrasound - 6 weeks 1 day pregnancy. we had been trying for a year and a half, and I thought it might be time to go to a doctor, but my hair stylist told me that doctor first will need to know the ovulation cycle, so she said I need to get ovulation tests and see when is my ovulation. So I did, turns out my ovulation day is different from what I had in the calendar, we had sex two times within a window - and I am pregnant. I hope this will help someone, I thought we had a problem and turns out we just had to do it within this exact time when ovulate. test strips were 10 dollars - 40 ovulation sticks and 10 pregnancy sticks... best advise I got from my hair stylist...

Thanks russianbeauty that's very positive news. For the first time in my life this month I am properly charting, taking my temp every morning and using my phone app (ff) to log in the informationlike cm and other signs etc (so useful as it gives you a graph). I've ordered a batch of 50 ovulation tests and the same amount of pregnancy tests over the internet in preparation :) so I feel like I'm doing as much as I can. Also cutting out tea and alcohol just having minimul amounts and eating lots of detox foods together with fibre gel (read this can help eliminate toxins and aid fertility - it makes sense I suppose and as an added bonus is making me feel much better, less bloated). So there's very little more I can do! Only day four today so long way to go yet.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and the very best of luck to you! Lucky you, can only imagine how you must be feeling :cloud9: , on air I imagine! Enjoy it for the rest of us, and hopefully we'll be joining you soon :angel:

im day 3 of cycle 2. trying femara this cycle because i told my doc i wanted to do whatever gave me the best chance. and yeah i was crushed when af arrived. was SURE i was pregnant.

drsquid never heard of femara, will look it up. Good luck this month, I'll watch out for your bfp :flower:

also called letrozole. it is similar to clomid (but works differently).

Hi Plenora! I'm 38 and just started my third trimester with my first pregnancy. I think 38 is a great age to decide to have a baby! All my life I was worried about getting pregnant by accident and then when I decided to TTC I was in a panic thinking maybe these organs I have never used won't actually work. Turned out to be easier than I thought. We didn't have loads of sex, but had well timed sex. I think charting is key and it really helps to keep a log (like you are doing) of all your symptoms so you can best pinpoint ovulation and then have the fun of noticing when things change even before you get a BFP. For me the pregnancy tests didn't work until several days after I missed my period but I had noticed my morning temp was still high so I had hope. Maybe don't wait a full 6 months to go to a doctor though just in case there is something simple that could increase your chances, but by all means, don't expect that it is going to be hard to get pregnant just because you are 38. Be as healthy as you can and be optimistic!

I thought it would be pretty easy at 38, now I'm 39.
I decided to have hormones checked and this is leading down a path I did not think I would go down.
Good luck to all.
I suggest getting hormones checked because you could be wasting precious time. :nope:

Well now on DPO7 and on the 2ww. Did a silly thing and bought lots of cheap tests online (like 50 for £5) and have been testing last few days and obviously getting negatives. I have read of a few getting positives this early so just thought maybe..... but :nope: ...anyway, I really should have waited as it's a bit soul destroying seeing that single line every time! :cry: but then I know that most women probably would get that result at this stage so not really sure why I'm worried by it?! Have promised myself not to put myself through it tomorrow and will wait until Monday DPO10 to do the next one. Lesson learnt!!! :dohh:

I did get a feint line on one of the tests but just after the ten mins deadline. But it's faded again now and I know not to read anything into that.

By the way, just in the interest of science I did a control test just with tap water and a feint line comes up even with that. There is now more of a feint line with the tap water test than there was with the real thing! :shrug: so in future I will need to see a definate line there before I can believe there is anything to get excited about!!

Will update again in a few days.....you never know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->