TTC for 14 cycles and low sperm count

alliebabyfeve

Mom and ttc baby #2
Reaction score
I hope this is a good place to post this...
Today we got results back from hubby's sperm analysis and his sperm count is low. Morphology and motility are good though. I'm kinda wondering what the next step on this journey will be...We have a daughter but desperately want to be a family of four.
I have an appointment to look into my own fertility at the end of March with my OB.
Are they going to jump into wanting to do treatments after they have my info back? Are there things they can do to up the sperm count?
We are waiting to talk to the urologist who ordered the analysis but he hasn't called back yet and I'm anxious about all this.
Any insight?

I don't really have any answers I'm afraid but I would love to hear what other advice that you get as my DH has a low sperm count as well, although he also has low morphology and varying motility. How low was your DH's? I'm sure the urologist will give you some good advice but I know a lot of ladies here have tried Fertilaid for Men and it's supposed to be really good. Also all the usual things like good diet, no smoking, limited to zero drinking, boxers, no hot baths etc etc..... My DH tried Fertilaid for men (just the normal one, not the count boost) but wasn't good at taking it for various reasons.... If you think your DH would take it I strongly suggest giving it a go (due to the fact I have read lots of success stories with it) and trying the Count Boost as well!

Let me know what you hear from your urologist (if you don't mind sharing) and I hope all of your tests come out clear :hugs:

They said they wanted a 15 for count and he got a 13...so not too terrible right? Or am I wrong? The urologist suggested going to a different urologist who is nearly 2 hours away to repeat the count and get their opinion which makes zero sense to me. The office that the urologist he has now has 2 other urologists there so if he wanted a second opinion why wouldn't he just ask them? I understand repeating the count completely but going that far to do it seems bizarre. We never got to speak with him yesterday and just got a message from a nurse so that's frustrating as well.
The fertility clinic in this area is two hours away as well so we are thinking of maybe just making an appointment there and having them repeat the count and getting myself checked up on as well.
DH is at a healthy weight, wears boxers, only takes showers, hasn't smoked in nearly 3 years, and rarely ever drinks so all that stuff we are doing right at least. I'll look into the fertilaid. Are there any risks with it?
Thanks for your support! :hug:

No 13 isn't bad at all!! Obviously a bit lower than what they want but really not too bad. Weird about the urologist wanting him to see someone 2 hours away....I would perhaps phone on Monday and ask him why he is suggesting that person for a 2nd opinion and not one closer to you etc....

As for the fertilaid as far as I'm aware I don't think there are any risks - it's mainly just vitamins and a few extra natural supplements etc. If you look on the website it gives you all the information including the trial results etc as well as feedback from ppl who have taken it. My DH took 2 months worth (2 containers) but as I said wouldn't take the recommended 3 a day so don't know if what he took many any difference or not.

Good luck with everything - I'm sure you'll get your BFP soon!! :hugs:

Can I try to recruit you to the "over 35 and trying for baby 2 " thread. It's getting kind of empty and needs some new faces?

Can I try to recruit you to the "over 35 and trying for baby 2 " thread. It's getting kind of empty and needs some new faces?

I'm under 35 so...I don't know if you are extremely particular about that or not?

Age makes no real difference. I think it's only been mentioned a handful of times in 100 or so pages. Anyway 34 is close enough.
Please feel free to join us.

Age doesn't matter at all - I think the main thing was that the that girl started the thread was that age so it struck a chord with a few ppl! If it makes you feel better I'm 34 and have been in the thread since it started!!! ;) It's just about dealing with the struggles of TTC #2 :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/secondary-infertility/1982373-35-trying-2-19-months-am-alone-131.html#post31885239

Link attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->