TTC for 4 years PCOS

Stepmom2twins

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am recently married. DH and I have been TTC for the last year. I have been trying for years (I was previously married). I was DX with Hypothyroid and PCOS five months ago. I am currently on my 3rd round of clomid 100mg on days 5-9 of my cycle. I have ovulated every month and I am thankful for that, except that I am getting discouraged because I am still not pregnant. We have been following the every other day of love making as per my Dr.'s suggestion. I have used pre-seed the last two months. Still nothing :growlmad:

If I am not pregnant as a result of his month, the doctor is going to do a uteran dye test and a Hysteroscopy to further dx any problems that may have not shown up in my blood work or ultrasounds.

I am getting very discouraged and worry that I am headed right for IUI and IVF. :nope: I do not want to have to concieve the symbol of ultimate love between my soul mate and I via a catheter...I know that it sounds petty but the whole idea turns my stomach and makes me want to cry.

Has any one tried something besides clomid before going on to IUI or IVF? Is there a better fertility medication out there?

Idk about other meds but not sure if you've seen on here already some women suggested taking Vitamin C to make the clomid more effective, and also taking Guaifenesin (cough mixture) to thin out your CM as Clomid can make it thicker. I use preseed too but I'm not sure if the preseed works if your own CM is already thick cos of the Clomid? Someone else further on will probably be able to answer better. One more thing, I heard Clomid can thin the uterine lining and prevent implantation - I'm taking Wheat germ oil to combat this as I heard it can help and also helps prevent mc in first tri for PCOS ladies. It's my first clomid cycle so cant tell you if it's all true or not as only on day 3 but hopefully this gives you some ideas of things you can try before you do move on? x

Dont give up hope. My friend was on Chlomid from day 1 - 5 of her cycle, she had 6 cycles on this with no BFP. She was really down on this however a month AFTER she finished her 6th round of clomid she fell pg with her DD that was almost 2 years ago and she's been trying for the same length of time as I have for another baby.

I have PCOS as well and my Dr put me on 1500mg/day of Metformin. I conceived on my 2nd cycle on Metformin. Unfortunately I mc'd. But, after going years thinking I couldn't conceive at all it is a relief to know it is in fact possible.

Also, I know it's what everyone says about PCOS and it sounds kinda cliche, but diet & exercise. When I conceived I was going to the gym 5x/week for 2 hours preparing to run a 10k race, plus doing yoga & other activities. I actually got my BFP the day after the race.

Just recently I have started taking Vitamin D supplements after reading lots of studies that show it can help with conceiving & pregnancy. Plus I take prenatal vitamins & chromium supplements everyday as well.

Good luck.

dont give up! ive been ttc for 5 years with stage 3 aggressive endo and one tube blocked... will be going to fs in march

I have PCOS too and I am finally ovulating on Femara. I know my chances are slim to conceive on my first month of new meds but it is the first step to this process! This has been a roller coaster ride but I am not going to give up on the one constant dream I have had since I was a kid. =)

Don't lose hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"