ttc for a year

haseena

Reaction score
hi, i have only just joined this website, me and my husband have been ttc for about 13 months and I'm convinced somthing is wrong because statistics say most people wind up pregnant within 12 months. Every1 i know has got pregnant within 6 months so i dnt understand why it is taking so long

we have been to the doctor...my husbands sperm count is normal, i have had 1 random blood test which showd apparently hormone levels are normal and i've had a baseline scan which showed my ovaries look normal and my uterus is fine apart from a small fibroid which is apparently nothin 2 worry bout, need to hav a another blood test on day1, 2 or 3 of cycle soon

just want to know am i worrying over nothin, my cycles vary from 24-29 days bt they are usually between 26-28 days. Are there women out there who have found it normal to conceive afta a year or 2 and hav found there is actually nothing wrong with them? or is it likely somthin is wrong? would love to hear other people's stories, thanks

Hi there, do you chart your cycles? Could you maybe have low progesterone levels, a short LH phase, poorly timed sex missing your fertile window? It's true that most people get pregnant within 12 months but of course there are exceptions to every rule. I'm on cycle 8 and have started blood tests as well. DH will be going in for a semen analysis later in the month so we know both of us are "working" right. The first thing the dr did was ask me to start charting my BBT and cervical fluid to determine if we were having sex during the fertile window. Thankfully I had already started charting back on my first cycle TTC because I thought the whole thing was fascinating and wanted to learn more about how it worked so we didn't have to postpone further steps by another three months of charting. Anyway, join fertilityfriend.com and check out their 30 day free trial to go through their charting course. I would also pick up the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility to learn how to chart and evaluate your cycles. I liked reading about it and really learning all of it but fertilityfriend will do most of the analysis for you if you decide to purchase a membership ($45/yr). Good luck!

Welcome to the site. I've been ttc/ntnp for over a year and a half now and nothing, not even an evap line! It just takes time sometimes.

Do you use opks/take temps? Preeseed is meant to be good too.

Good luck x

Hey girl,

A friend of mine was in the same situation, her and DH's tests were 100% normal, hormones, sperm, ovaries...everything. They tried for a year, she used OPK's and had blood tests that confirmed ovulation etc. At the end of that year, her doctor told her that if she wanted to take Clomid to "boost" her ovulation, that was an option that sometimes works for couples who are otherwise healthy and have been TTC for that long...she took Clomid, 50mg, and got pregnant the first month of taking it, gave birth to a healthy boy last June :thumbup:

I would say it's always good to talk to your doc to see if there are other options to help you get pregnant sooner, can't hurt ;)

GL!! :hugs:

Hun, We've been NTNP for nearly 7 months now and I feel similar.. I always thought it would only take a month. It could just be something small like you're ovulating earlier or later so you miss it... I hope it's nothing serious and wish you all the best x

Hey,

We've been TTC for over a year too. It's very depressing, frustrating, hope destroying etc etc.
We fell pregnant the first cycle when TTC first time, so I thought it would be easy again.
We too have had tests that have all come back fine, but I find myself worrying that my daughter was a massive fluke and that it might never happen again.

But I just try to remind myself that it does take longer for some couples. On here I've come across lots of lovely stories of ladies that have been trying over a year, two years, even longer, that have eventually gone on to fall pregnant. You might find it encouraging to check out the BFP section (if you feel you can handle reading about other ladies' pregnancies) and read sucess stories of ladies that have been trying for a long time.

Hope it's your turn soon, good luck!

thank you all sooo much for your replies, it feels very supportive to know there are others going through the same situation, i must admit i have left things kind of up to fate and not tried OPKs or charting my bbt, etc. i might try charting my bbt at least and see if i notice anything, the doctor did say that eventually one of the options may be to take clomid or somthing to help me ovulate so i think will go for that if it is offered...i hope it happens for each and every one of you all as well! fingers crossed xx

Welcome to the site. I've been ttc/ntnp for over a year and a half now and nothing, not even an evap line! It just takes time sometimes.

Do you use opks/take temps? Preeseed is meant to be good too.

Good luck x

hi, thanks for your reply, can i jus ask u what is preeseed? x

does anybody also know where is the best place to pick up a thermometer to chart my bbt?

Pre Seed is so GREAT! I used it when I was on Clomid because the meds made my ewcm disappear. Pre Seed is a lubricant that acts just like ewcm, it safely transports sperm to your egg, whereas other lubricants can actually kill sperm or keep them from getting to the egg. It comes with an applicator, before you BD, you put the Pre Seed in using the applicator, as close to your cervix as possible, then lay down for 10-15 minutes if you can, then go ahead and BD :thumbup:

Pre Seed is so GREAT! I used it when I was on Clomid because the meds made my ewcm disappear. Pre Seed is a lubricant that acts just like ewcm, it safely transports sperm to your egg, whereas other lubricants can actually kill sperm or keep them from getting to the egg. It comes with an applicator, before you BD, you put the Pre Seed in using the applicator, as close to your cervix as possible, then lay down for 10-15 minutes if you can, then go ahead and BD :thumbup:

Thanks for the explanation :thumbup: I might see about getting some xx

Didn't want to read and run.

Just wanted to give you hope it took us 17 months to conceive our first and then we went on to have two more babies after that. I thought I would never be a mummy.
love Charlotte
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back