TTC Funnies...

Juniperjules

Reaction score
I'm 37 & TTC #1 with OH who is almost 44. I'm taking it all very seriously & he is going along with everything, taking my lead with everything we need to do etc...which is totally fine. He's a bit clueless when it comes to all this conception stuff & timing etc, but it doesn't bother me as long as he goes along with it all!

So last nite I was working and randomly got a SMS from OH saying 'sperm lasts 3 days during ovulation'... I almost fell over laughing! I asked him how he knew that & he replied saying 'James told me' (his friend). Which amazed me to think that the two of them somehow got into that conversation in the first place??!!!?! I asked him why they were talking about it and he said 'why not?' : )

And I thought men didn't talk about it like women do!

Anyone else got a funny story to share about their OH & TTC???

I'm 37 & TTC #1 with OH who is almost 44. I'm taking it all very seriously & he is going along with everything, taking my lead with everything we need to do etc...which is totally fine. He's a bit clueless when it comes to all this conception stuff & timing etc, but it doesn't bother me as long as he goes along with it all!

So last nite I was working and randomly got a SMS from OH saying 'sperm lasts 3 days during ovulation'... I almost fell over laughing! I asked him how he knew that & he replied saying 'James told me' (his friend). Which amazed me to think that the two of them somehow got into that conversation in the first place??!!!?! I asked him why they were talking about it and he said 'why not?' : )

Ahhh, you gotta love our men. My OH is being brilliant. For a long time I (jokingly) :blush: accused him of having had a vasectomy as he had 4 children with his ex-wife and now we cant produce 1. Now we have his sperm test results and he passed with flying colours so I cant accuse him of that any more! I know I am more keen on having a baby than he is but he goes along with everything. I had read about instead soft cups being useful for keeping the sperm close to the cervix. I only had a Mooncup but we 'filled' that with the necessary, I inserted it and my OH held me upside-down by the ankles for 3 minutes to get the swimmers to the diving pool (nice analogy) before I had to go to work. Crazy what we do!

Ahhh, you gotta love our men. My OH is being brilliant. For a long time I (jokingly) :blush: accused him of having had a vasectomy as he had 4 children with his ex-wife and now we cant produce 1. Now we have his sperm test results and he passed with flying colours so I cant accuse him of that any more! I know I am more keen on having a baby than he is but he goes along with everything. I had read about instead soft cups being useful for keeping the sperm close to the cervix. I only had a Mooncup but we 'filled' that with the necessary, I inserted it and my OH held me upside-down by the ankles for 3 minutes to get the swimmers to the diving pool (nice analogy) before I had to go to work. Crazy what we do!

OMG you just put a huge smile on my face imagining you being hung upside down by ur ankles by ur OH!! : ) that's hillarious!!

This TTC stuff really puts u outside ur comfort zone doesn't it! We went away last week for a few days to the snowfields, & after a lovely dinner & a couple of drinks at the local pub, we headed back to our lodge so I could do an AI... After we sorted OH's donation, I was lying there in all my glory, syringe in hand, hips up on pillows, watching the TV show Smash, with OH perched on the end of the bed (he's squeamish & can't watch me do it!)... And I was thinking, holy-moly the things you do for love!! : ) as you say.. CRAZY!!

Oh so you do your own AI? My OH does the deed for us. He can see where it is going! But yes, I completely agree. I lie there (hips on pillows too) with syringe still in situ (TMI? sorry) for at least 20 minutes (work allowing). Women in Tudor times didnt do these things. Do you think the 'experts' just suggest them for a laugh? To see how far we will go? ;o)

We are TTC and recently a well-meaning neighbour looked at my belly and said "Ooh, and how long have you got to go now?" I just lold and said "Oh...quite a while" because I didn't want to embarrass her by saying. "No, not pregnant yet - just fat!"

Dh is very clueless about how conception works. When we first started TTC, we bd'ed and then two days later he came and asked me "are you pregnant yet?" I just didn't have the energy in me to explain the whole process to him at that time, lol!

He's gotten a whole lot better now. Over the 10 months we've been trying, he now knows that a woman can only get pregnant around the time she ovulates and that we only ovulate once a month. Now he has asked me to let him know when I ovulate because he believes that somehow he can make some super duper extra potent sperm if he knows. He's so cute even when he's being ridiculous and I love him for it. :)

We are TTC and recently a well-meaning neighbour looked at my belly and said "Ooh, and how long have you got to go now?" I just lold and said "Oh...quite a while" because I didn't want to embarrass her by saying. "No, not pregnant yet - just fat!"

You were very kind in not embarassing your neighbor. I've gained over 15 pounds in the last 6 months and everybody at my job seems to think I'm pregnant. One coworker asked me if I were pregnant in front of everyone and I did not take it well. I just said no and let her slink of in shame.,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->