TTC has messed up my period pretty badly?

Robynxo

Finally there! Due in July 2019!
Reaction score
I'm new to these type of forums so excuse me in advance as I'm not familiar with all the TTC lingo. :help:

My period is very regular. I'll have it on the 16th of one month and the 16th of the next month, a few days give or take. Sex didn't affect it much, until we started TTC. We used to have some protected, and sometimes unprotected. Now though, since we are TTC, sex is unprotected and about every other day.

Since we have started, my period missed 2 cycles. So I thought I was pregnant but I just got negative tests. Then I got a really heavy period with heavy cramps. Then I had a regular period. And these last 2 have been around 2-3 weeks late, but have came and are heavy. I don't know what's going on, I've been checked at the OBGYN and they say I'm fine (for fertility issues, and STDs). I haven't gone there in about a year though. Any ideas? This is really confusing me, and is severely frustrating. :cry:

I'm new to these type of forums so excuse me in advance as I'm not familiar with all the TTC lingo. :help:

But I'm currently 22 years old and my husband is 24. We have been TTC for about 5 months. My period is very regular. I'll have it on the 16th of one month and the 16th of the next month, a few days give or take. Sex didn't affect it much, until we started TTC. We used to have some protected, and sometimes unprotected. Now though, since we are TTC, sex is unprotected and about every other day.

Since we have started, my period missed 2 cycles. So I thought I was pregnant but I just got negative tests. Then I got a really heavy period with heavy cramps. Then I had a regular period. And these last 2 have been around 2-3 weeks late, but have came and are heavy. I don't know what's going on, I've been checked at the OBGYN and they say I'm fine (for fertility issues, and STDs). I haven't gone there in about a year though. Any ideas? This is really confusing me, and is severely frustrating. :cry:

Are you putting your body under stress? Is there other factors in your life stressing you out or are you getting stressed about your cycle and thinking about ttc too much, I know it sounds silly but you can try too much and our bodies are sensitive to stress, I have a very regular cycle but even I have a whacky one now and again and there is normally something going on.

You could do opk's and chart to check your ovulating and try and relax and you should see a pattern emerge, good luck x

Thank you for the response!

I don't believe I have been stressing about TTC too much, I have been a little bit about other issues, but that doesn't usually affect my period. But thank you, it is definitely a possibility. I will relax a bit more and see how that goes.

I notice my cycles are a little more abnormal than they used to be too, I've been tracking for like 15 months and only been TTC for 3 months, and suddenly they vary by up to a week.... I suspect it's the TTC stress. But missing an entire cycle? That's a lot... I wonder if you didn't ovulate?

I thought it was just me but my cycles measurably changed when we began trying to conceive!

I and lot of women have had success regulating menstruation using daily cold pressed castor oil heat compresses, abdominal massage, and generous helpings of raw unheated unfiltered honey with royal jelly& propolis intact. All very gentle, enjoyable, and effective!

Good luck, darling

I'm just updating in case anyone stumbled along this thread. I still have not conceived four years later, although I was mostly NTNP during that time instead of actively trying to regulate my hormones. I will say that I DO get stressed, which can delay AF and then I take note of every symptom I have (which is usually just the hormone progesterone, which gives you sore breasts and nausea. It rises after O.) Red Raspberry leaf tea really helped regulate that stress and tardiness of my AF. Also, what MadetoMother said: I didn't see this until now and I'm JUST now starting the things she mentioned by coincidence. I wish I had read that four years ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->