TTC in 3 cycles - Praying to get super lucky

JumpingIn

Mummy+TTC#2
Reaction score
For reasons I wont bore you all with we're now facing a very short period of TTC. If we're not successful in these 3 cycles we'll have to wait another year before trying again.

The problem is I have a history. This is going to get personal.

My lovely partner and I have been together for nearly 5 years now. We couldn't be happier and have been using no contraception but the POM for about 3 years now. I have never had a pregnancy scare.

Before we met I was in another relationship and had been TTC with that man for 18 months straight with no results. We got his sperm tested and he had a low count, about 7 million, so our difficulties were put down to that.

However, I have since worried there is something wrong with me because of the lack of scares using pull out. There is also my recurring yeast infections. When I say recurring, I mean Canesten cannot touch this beast. I constantly have thrush. The pain, the itching, they've plagued me for years. I've been tested at clinics and there's no problem but thrush. I did have BV but that was cleared with antibiotics.

On the plus side, I am a healthy weight, a good age (26) and I have a good diet and exercise regime. I have regular periods, although the cycles do vary in length and are usually between 30 and 36 days long.

Massively personal talk over, I'm now in the very fortunate position of being given a chance to try, even if just for 3 months. I want to do everything I can to increase our chances, so I have questions for you all.

1. Do you take preconception vitamins? If so, which ones?
2. Does anyone have experience of alternative thrush treatments and can anyone recommend anything?
3. How often do you DTD? We work REALLY hard during the week and currently only manage weekends...Ramping it up to every other day will be a challenge!
4. Any other tips or techniques for faster conception?

Great to be here by the way. Hi everyone :happydance:

i would start temping, using digital opks and doing the smep plan, i would also use some special lube like fertile aid or something if you use normal stuff that can hinder it, i take folic acid now but not pre natal vitamins,

Thanks for the tips! I think I will start temping...SMEP is kind of what we had in mind in terms of DTD...Just hope we can keep up :blush:

I've also started evening primrose oil...I'm taking 1000mg a day, not sure if that's about right.

Any other ideas appreciated! I'm not sure about lubes...We don't normally use anything.

Wishing you good luck! It could definitely happen quickly, you just never know until you officially start trying.
My first just happened, wasn't trying it was my first cycle off the pill. Wanted to see how my cycles were for a few months, but bam it happened right away. Second baby we were lucky and got pregnant on the first cycle- i think i ovulated at some craz time bc we avoided peak fertility time. So I'm sending you my good luck! I used OPKS ( well for my second one) and that seemed to work for me. We Bd 4 nights in a row and one of those times did it. Good luck on getting it in, lol!
As for me, we are going to try this one cycle ( due to ovulate late next week, similar to you!) if it doesn't happen, we will wait and start trying again in December. ( we are avoiding a couple of months that are already loaded with birthdays, including the two with my girls birthdays). I hope I get lucky the first time again, but only time will tell.
I think the best way to get preggo is not to stress about it (so I've never done temping or charting or anything- sorry no advice about those) but easier said than done. And if you're ona timeline, how can you not count down the days? But try to just go with the flow, have fun, and hope for the best.
Hope you keep us updated!

Your constant yeast infection could be hindering. After I miscarried, I had one after every af. After a couple of months of just taking diflucan, my doctor suggested an off balance Of pH (which kills sperm) and gave me a different prescription cream. I got pregnant that same cycle after using. Dunno if it's a coincidence but I am pretty sure it isn't.

Other than that, we dtd on ovulation day with my son and dunno about this one as wasn't trying. I did use opks the first time as well.

I also took a prenatal, folic acid, and dha for three months prior.

Good luck!

Thanks ladies :happydance: I decided to leave the yeast infection for this month as it's not really noticeable and I didn't want to muck around with the Ph down there. Next cycle I'll raise it with the doc again.

Well here's the update...I actually ovulated on day 14/15, making my ticker a few days out. I spotted some (TMI) EWCM on CD12 so I knew it was coming. Got very strong OPK results on both days so got those covered...We also managed twice a few days before (CD 10 and 12 I think) and once yesterday (just incase).

I got my mittelschmerz pain in the middle of the night on CD 17 so wondered if the tests were wrong and I ovulated then...so of course we DTD just to make sure!

Think we've done all we can and I'm in for the TWW. We're moving house this week so at least I wont have too much time to become impatient!

Anyone else in the TWW want to buddy up? I'll be testing around 4th Sept

Wishing you good luck! It could definitely happen quickly, you just never know until you officially start trying.
My first just happened, wasn't trying it was my first cycle off the pill. Wanted to see how my cycles were for a few months, but bam it happened right away. Second baby we were lucky and got pregnant on the first cycle- i think i ovulated at some craz time bc we avoided peak fertility time. So I'm sending you my good luck! I used OPKS ( well for my second one) and that seemed to work for me. We Bd 4 nights in a row and one of those times did it. Good luck on getting it in, lol!
As for me, we are going to try this one cycle ( due to ovulate late next week, similar to you!) if it doesn't happen, we will wait and start trying again in December. ( we are avoiding a couple of months that are already loaded with birthdays, including the two with my girls birthdays). I hope I get lucky the first time again, but only time will tell.
I think the best way to get preggo is not to stress about it (so I've never done temping or charting or anything- sorry no advice about those) but easier said than done. And if you're ona timeline, how can you not count down the days? But try to just go with the flow, have fun, and hope for the best.
Hope you keep us updated!

Good luck for this cycle! :happydance: We could be preg buddies! How are you feeling? I'm quietly optimistic as this is the first time we've really given it a good go :haha: Our new house has a nursery! Hoping for that lucky cycle for you.

thanks!! im 6 dpo now, dont really feel anything. time will tell. i wil prolly start testing early at 10 dpo lol!
hope we get our bfps and can see each other in the first trimester boards!!!

Sounds like you covered your bases pretty well!!! Good luck :hugs:

We made it! :happydance: Lucky cycle number 2. I found out today at 11dpo. We used Preseed this cycle.

Yeay congrats hun! woohoo! See you around first tri!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->