TTC in one year-should I be doing anything?

Daisy Delayne

Reaction score
Is there anything you're doing or are planning to do in the year leading up to TTC to increase fertility or the chances of a healthy pregnancy? Now that I have a set date I don't know what to do with myself!

Hi Daisy,
Yes there are lots of things you can do to improve your chances of conceiving before you are ready to start TTC, and also to improve baby's health one you conceive!

1) Exersize! Im sure you've heard these all before, but the healthier you and your spouse are, the better chance you have of conceiving and having a healthy babe. So get out walking, go to the gym, whatever it takes, you should be doing at least 45 mins of excersize 3 times or more per week. Yoga is really good too!
2) Food - if you dont already, start eating healthy! yes that means as much fruit and veg as you can fit in, and only then adding whole grain carbs and lean protein. Leave out anything processed! and leave out anything that has ingredients on the label that you dont know what they are! Following the "eat clean" diet is a great way to eat well.
3) Vitamins - you could take pre-natal vitamins to get any vitamins and minerals that you are missing
4) Drink - try to reduce caffeine and alcohol intake! I know its hard but really increases your chances! and drink lots of water
5) Relax - the more relaxed you are, the better your chances!

So you see, there is lots you can do, and Im sure there is even more! Good luck and best wishes for when you do start TTC!

xoxo

Yes there are looooads of things.

Firstly, make sure you are updated with all your innoculations (Rubella being the biggy! A bout of measles could lead to a MC.)
Eat healthy/Excersise. A healthy you means a healthy babe.
Pregancy supplements, multivitamins and folic acid. (Used to help greatly reduce the risk of Spina Bifida you need atleast a 3 month store and then you need to take it through the first trimester as my GP has advised.)
Relax, chill and make sure to take lots of me time.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->