TTC just off the pill buddies

babycakes1982

Reaction score
Came off the pill July 20th 2010. Was just wonderin if anyone wanted to be TTC buddies?

I've chatted with some gals in similar situation on other threads but thought it might be nice to start a new thread.

Hey I came off the pill May 1st 2010. I would love to be your TTC buddie :)

I also stopped taking my pills in may. Then I started charting. My first son (7) no stress, wasn't trying, but wasn't not trying. Now I feel so stressed and obsessed since I started charting. Am I ovualating, am I implanted yet, can I test, is AF here, is she not? Are my symptoms different because I stopped the pill and my cycle isn't regulated or is it because I'm prego. UGH! It's so frustrating and I feel like I'm bugging my husband. But he is supportive and just says it will take time because I only stopped three cycles ago. But my cycle is 29 days, ovulated early this month, missed one day with him during the ovulation stage, suddenly my hormone headaches that I always have, are gone, no cramps, just pains, and I had sore nips around implantation time. Now my bbt drops for two days, but is still above the coverline. I'm not due till tomorrow but I tested this morning anyway, just to be disappointed. Trying to convince myself that AF isn't coming. I want to give up on this whole charting business, but I'm obsessed. :wacko:

I also stopped taking my pills in may. Then I started charting. My first son (7) no stress, wasn't trying, but wasn't not trying. Now I feel so stressed and obsessed since I started charting. Am I ovualating, am I implanted yet, can I test, is AF here, is she not? Are my symptoms different because I stopped the pill and my cycle isn't regulated or is it because I'm prego. UGH! It's so frustrating and I feel like I'm bugging my husband. But he is supportive and just says it will take time because I only stopped three cycles ago. But my cycle is 29 days, ovulated early this month, missed one day with him during the ovulation stage, suddenly my hormone headaches that I always have, are gone, no cramps, just pains, and I had sore nips around implantation time. Now my bbt drops for two days, but is still above the coverline. I'm not due till tomorrow but I tested this morning anyway, just to be disappointed. Trying to convince myself that AF isn't coming. I want to give up on this whole charting business, but I'm obsessed. :wacko:

Hi bjbarrachus

I totally understand where you coming from even though I havent really be doing much besides using the web ovulation calculators and taking prenatal vitamins, still been obsessing a bit.

I think our minds are really strong and misleading, we think we have symptoms but actually there is nothing. I know i am always picking out the smallest changes, but trying to keep positive and realistic.

Keep strong :dust:

Hi girls!
Thanks for replying to my thread. I only came off the pill in July and I'm obsessing already!!!! Been using OPK's for bout 2 weeks just 2 c what my body is up 2 and observe my CM but that seems to be all ovr the place. And no ovulation as yet! Booohoo.

Goin to the psyhic centre on fri for a reading. Have any of you been to a psyhic?

Let's be obsessive together! lol

Baby dust xxx

Hi :hi:
Glad I found this thread as I'm stressing myself already too!!!:wacko:
I came off the pill on July 18th, so almost exactly the same as you babycakes :thumbup:
I've been doing OPK every other day to see what my body is up to, but so far they've all been negative - I'm assuming I've not ovulated yet, but it could be due to the cheapy OPK's I've been using not being reliable?, or maybe just testing every other day I could have missed it alltogether - who knows!!!! :shrug: I've also been trying to work it out from CM, but to be honest there's been nothing at all noticable there - :blush: pretty dry the whole time really... so now I'm panicking about what if my body takes MONTHS to sort itself out... I kinda feel in limbo really in that I don't feel like I'm really TTC because even though we're :sex: I'm guessing I'm not even ovulating yet...hmmm... I've no recolection even of what my cycles were like before the pill either as I was on it for nearly 10 years (I'm 31 now) :dohh:
So yeah, at the moment I'm just waiting for :witch: to show up and hope I ovulate next cycle... Well, secretly I'm hoping she won't and I'll have a BFP, but I don't truly believe there's any chance of that!!! it's just a hope to keep me going!!!! :haha:
Anyway, I've gone on enough now, haha... I've hardly posted on here since I left WTT due to not really feeling like I fit in anywhere right now, so yay glad to meet you guys and clearly making up for lost posting time!!! :rofl:

Hey Caroline!

Think we've chatted on another thread. U sound exactly like me at the moment. I'm using cheapy OPK's now, started on the expensive ones but don't think my bank balance can hack it! lol. So goin to use the cheapo's then confirm with a clearblue. That's if I ever ovulate! lol. Some may think we r a bit mad using the OPK's so early on but it makes me feel more at ease to a certain extent. I dunno if what I saying is rite but think if you use them every other day you may miss your LH surge....?

Anyways sounds like our bodies are kinda in playin the same game just now so keep me updated.

P.S I'm 27 and OH is 39 (he has 2 wonderful kids from a prev relationship, so hope his swimmers are still going strong!) lol x

Oooh, even more in common - my hubby has 2 kids from a previous relationship too!!! lol, he's 37

Yeah, I know there is a chance I could miss the positive OPK, but I figured I'd try that this month (to keep cost down a bit, haha) then maybe next cycle my body will have settled down anyway so I'll have a move limited time frame to use them in!!! OR, if I've still no idea I'll just do for it and text daily!!!

Gees, I hope I get a BFP quickly, I don't know how long I can hack the stress of this, haha, I think it'd drive me insane!!!! It really terrifies me when I read about all the people on here who've been trying for a year or more!!!! So scary!!!!
Fingers crossed we both get to move over to first tri soon!!!! Baby dust for us!!!

Well husband was gone for most of may, so that month was kinda out anyway, june to july, my cycle was 1 day over the norm, but july to august, I was late by 4 days. It was a tease. I guess my body is still getting use to not being on the pills, and it sucks. I have been on them for 7 years, since my son was born. And before I was on them, my cycle was 28 days every month. But I remember in 1999, I went off them and I was married to my ex husband, and never got pregnant. I wasn't trying as hard then either, and neither was he for the most part (ooh did I say that). Anyway, good luck ladies.

Hey bjbarrachus,
It's just so frustrating isn't it not knowing what your body is up to! And I hate that I can't control it as I one of those people who likes to be able to plan everything!!!! So I take it AF turned up for you in the end then this month? Sorry about that...

Well, the last week I've had very light aches, almost like period pains - but not really painful just noticable if you know what I mean (I used to get v bad period pains)... so, not having had a 'normal period' I don't really know when AF would be due, but if I'm a 28 day-er, it'd be next Wednesday... But anyway last night and first thing this morning there was a little pink-ish blood, but only when I wiped... (sorry tmi) & nothing so far this afternoon/evening... So of course, the way all our minds work when we want BFP so much, I'm hoping it could be implantation bleeding... but I know realisitically it's maybe AF a bit early and starting slowly, or just spotting as my body is still messed up from pill... but you know,I can't help but hope!!!! Also, my cervix seems to be high which isn't right for AF is it? But again, it's not something I'm used to checking so I could be wrong!!!! Other things I've noticed is that I'm lacking energy and concentration the last few days, have had a blocked nose and throat and today I have a headache... but sure, I'm probably only noticing these things because I'm looking for symptoms!!!! lol... Realisitically I know there's very little chance of a BFP, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up... but you knever know!!! haha :haha:

Hi girls,

Sorry the witch came bj barrachas! What CD you on hun?

Caroline, everything you described in your last post my body is doing too!
I'm confused.com!

Off to use my OPK. Think I may eventually not be able to pee if there's not a stick involved! lol

Baby Dust xxxxx

:dust:

Hi girls,

Sorry the witch came bj barrachas! What CD you on hun?

Caroline, everything you described in your last post my body is doing too!
I'm confused.com!

Off to use my OPK. Think I may eventually not be able to pee if there's not a stick involved! lol

Baby Dust xxxxx

Got a positive OPK. I'm soo excited this is my 3rd post bout it in the last 5mins :happydance: Wish me luck girlies! xxxx

babycakes: I am on CD 2 now. My cramps have come back with a vingence since I stopped the bcontrol. OMG! I wanted to die for about 2 hrs today.

Poppie how you gettin on? xxxx

Hi Babycakes

Going strong thanks, congrats on the positive OPK !! :happydance:

AF is due this week for me, just waiting patiently so I can start getting ready for the next round :sex: . Last AF was 5 days late so I have no clue how long my cycle is anymore.

Keep well.

Hi Girlies!

Hope you don't mind me barging in here! I stopped taking my pill last Friday and so am due for my withdrawal bleed any day now, once that's over and done with we shall start TTC. You all seem a little bit ahead of me already, but sound just as impatient!

I have read in previous posts that after stopping the pill it has taken 50 days in some cases to have your first AF, that seems so long! I'm not entirely sure what my plan of action is as I genuinely won't have a clue when I might be O. I shall check CM but as for OPKs I haven't the slightest clue what you do with them. Can you use them more than once? Are they expensive? I shall have a look around.

I'm hoping to make friends with some people on here to chat about what we're going through etc so if anyone would like to be my buddy then feel free to let me know! Good Luck!

Hey, well as I expected, :witch: has arrived... little bit gutted but tbh, just relieved that I've had a 'real' AF and not had to wait months for it like some people!!!! So yep, I'm on CD1 now then, a day behind you bjbarrachus! So yeah, this'll be my first proper cycle - will make sure I OPK every day now - wish me luck that I ovulate!!!! My last cycle was 26 days...
Poor you bjbarrachus with the bad cramps... :hugs: fingers crossed mine have been really light so far - not the horrendous pain I used to get before going on the pill!!!!

So babycakes... you around today or too busy :sex: ? :haha:

Hi squeal :hi:
Try not to worry about it taking ages to get your first real AF... I know there are people that don't get it for MONTHS, but I think in most cases it doesn't take too long... I've just got mine 4 weeks after stopping the pill, so fingers crossed it seems like I'm back to regular straight away.
If you're anything like me though, you won't have a clue what your body is up to first cycle - I've been trying to monitor cm, but it hasn't seemed to change (or even be very much of it :blush: ). I was just using OPK evey other day last cycle (so don't know if I ovulated), but am going to do it properly this cycle... The thing is I didn't want it to get too expensive with having to do it every day as I have no idea when I'll actually ovulate! I've just been getting cheapy OPK's from amazon - they're less than £10 for 50... :shrug:

Hey Ladies,

Welcome Squeal, the more the merrier! If you are going to use OPK kits I would buy the cheapy ones from Amazon or e-bay and then when you think you have got your LH surge use a more expensive one to check. I got a Clear Blue digi to check cos it's either a straight yes or no (smiley or no smiley). I'm on CD24 and being using them CD 7, very early but wanted to try and 'track' my body. Spent quite a bit on the more expensive ones at 1st but could not continue (was using them twice somedays, they're a tad addictive! lol). Let us know how you go if you decide to use them

Caroline sorry the witchy got you hun. Think it's a good idea to use OPK's everyday then you'll defo know this month when Ov has happened.

Poppi correct me if I'm wrong, but it the evil one has not shown up... you are still in the running for a BFP? Fingers crossed!

Bjbarracas cramp sucks!!!!!! Hotwater bottle helps me.

Think I've Ov last nite/today as I not got any twinges now. Presuming that bloomin AF doesn't show..... big presumtion I know! When do you think I should test??

Well think I should go and prep myself to lure my OH for 3rd day in a row. Don't think he knows what has hit him recently before ttc we were a 1-2 times a week kinda couple

xxxx

P.S sori for lack of smileys comp is playin up. Grrrr!

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes, grammar, text speak above. I'm shattered - 1st day back at work after being off for 6 weeks and I couldn't sleep last night.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"