TTC, no luck... Any advice?

elalkaly

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here! I didn't want to post anything on a forum because I wasn't sure how it worked, but I'm just so frustrated that I decided to give it a shot. I hope you guys can offer some advice or maybe just support :)

So, my fiance and I have been TTC for a little while now. About 6 months or so, so not too long but I'm already a little bit frustrated. I think my previous methods of BC may have messed me up...

I started on the Depo shot about 3 years ago, and then had to stop because it royally messed me up and I was bleeding constantly. So my dr. put me on the pill, but I stopped taking it when my fiance and I decided to TTC.

Now, I figured I'd get pregnant really quickly since I'm pretty young and it seems like it's just in the water around here but I'm still not, and some odd things have been happening.

For starters, I haven't had a period since December 2010. I've never been really regular with my periods, but I have never been more than just shy of a month late, and it's been four months since my last period. And I've had crazy emotional breakdowns over cookies and things that were supposed to be funny, sore breasts, and I've been peeing constantly. I take a pregnancy test every time I find a new symptom of pregnancy, but I've taken 10+ tests and they all said negative.

Three days ago I thought I was about to start my period because I noticed just a tiny bit of spotting, but I haven't seen anything since then and have had absolutely no cramps or anything and that would be odd since my PMS is usually a killer.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on? I've heard that the depo can make you infertile... Is that true?

I'd appreciate any advice you guys have for me. Thanks! :)

Well I'll be the first to tell ya just because you're young doesn't mean you'll get pregnant easily! LOL

But I don't really have any advice. I was never on the shot or anything but my periods are irregular as well. Before I get them it seems like I will have those symptoms drag on forever! The sore boobs, emotional, tired, etc almost like it's off and on.

I hope you get some answers!

That's exactly how mine are! It's just really odd for me to go this long with no period and no cramps. I've had like tiny cramps, but nothing like a PMS cramp. Weird lol Thanks :)

Are you temping?

I started keeping track of the length of my cycles right after we began TTC, but then my midwife insisted that I start taking my BBT. It really shed light on my cycles. You can google all of the info you need about BBT and temping/charting. It's easier than it looks!

I don't know about depo. I was on nuva-ring and husband thought it was the reason we couldn't conceive. I don't think it really is, but if I ever do conceive naturally, I will not be going back on hormonal BC, just because I like how I am better when I am not on it.

Best wishes!

Thank you! No, I haven't been temping, but I need to start. I'm gonna look up more information about it now because that seems to be what everyone says to do. I just wasn't sure how all that worked lol I'm very new to all the techniques and tips of TTC, I guess I just thought it would happen right away! Silly me, lol thanks for your help :)

Unfortunately when the symptoms of coming off birth control mimic pregnancy symptoms.

I agree with ao30, track your cycles and figure out what your body is doing :)

Thanks, it just frustrates me because I haven't been on birth control in almost a year. When I first stopped taking it, we weren't really trying to conceive, but we weren't preventing it either. Should I still be having the side effects of coming off birth control a year later?

*Update* I just noticed a tiny bit more spotting, but it's just like a light pinkish brown? I'm so new to all of this, does anyone know what that could mean?

After a year you should be back to a normal cycle, for some it can take up to 18 months but the majority take no more than 6 months.

Spotting can be ovulation, a sign that AF is coming or an implantation bleed.

Can you go to your doctor and tell them what you've been experiencing (no period in a few months, mood swings, etc) and see what they suggest?

Definitely start temping and tracking your cycles and CM.

Okay, thanks! I went to the dr and she told me that I needed to stop trying, because I was going to trick myself into having a pseudo-pregnancy, and that kinda worried me... But she said that all the symptoms I was having are pregnancy-related, and that I should just go home and take another test... lol that was two weeks ago and I'm still getting negative results, so I'm pretty confused and definitely looking for a new doc.

Also, when you say tracking your cycle, you mean like tracking what days I'm ovulating right? I feel stupid but like I said, I'm new to this stuff lol just need a little help understanding what to do. Thanks! :)

Provera will help you get a period. Ask your doctor about it.

Yes tracking so you know what days you're ovulating, you can track by taking your temperature first thing on a morning, using ovulation tests, checking cervical mucus and checking your cervical position. It sounds complicated but it really isn't and it doesn't take long to do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->