TTC number 2! breastfeeding and luteal phase question!

sunnyday123

TTC #2 :-)
Reaction score
Hi ladies I posted on TTC forum until a kind lady told me about breastfeeding one lol. I've been bf for 10 months now but only at night. We cosleep because he won't sleep very long in his cot. Me and oh are wanting to try for number 2. I've had 3 periods since they retuned and used opk with all 3, well my luteal phase is 7 days. I started taking b6 last week so as long as AF doesn't come early it should have extended to 9 days this month. Do you ladies know if breastfeeding is the reason behind such short luteal phase? I'm worried I will struggle to conceive. I know most will say wait until finish bfeeding but I can't I love having that connection with my son I'm not ready and he definetly isn't haha. Hope someone can help! Thank you x x x

Yes breastfeeding does shorten the luteal phase (It certainly did with me), I took b6 and it really helped lengthen it and I conceived ds shortly after when dd was 15 months. She was still nursing about twice through the night, although I had to night wean after a few weeks as I was exhausted! (Dd took it surprisingly well!). Good luck!!

Yes, breastfeeding lengthens it. I think it's our body's way of naturally spacing children, even if AF returns. It could be because your body doesn't produce the right hormones in the right levels, either because of high prolactin or because the corpus lectum is defective.

I would suggest taking a B50 complex, not just B6 by itself. B vitamins work together. B6 can hurt your supply though. They also come in B100, but since it may lower the supply and B6 can build up and cause issues in the baby and high levels, I would start with the 50. I haven't read any accounts of B6 toxicity in breastfeeding children, but it happens to adults and babies are much smaller.

I started taking B50 this cycle, but then we decided to wait longer to try for the second so I quit and let my body naturally space the kids. I also noticed a slight dip in supply, which hasn't fixed itself after I quit taking it. It also makes you milk (and urine) extra yellow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->