Ttc number 4!

spencerspiece

Reaction score
Hello ladies. Day one of first cycle after i had my mirena removed on the 20th october. I had 5 day removal bleed although i classed it as AF. suspected O on 4th November (no tracking) Dtd twice in two weeks and thought i was pregnant from sunday 8th as i had several symtoms. AF not due for another week but i have started spotting today and have the dreaded cramps so i decided today is C1 for me. I am a plus sized mummy who is also on a weight loss journey. i hope to make friends as i did with my last pregnancy 4 years ago. :happydance:

Well, I'm ttc #1 still, but have had some difficulties (two losses this year), but otherwise have regular cycles and I guess that makes me "normal." I'm 32, dh 47.

Always happy to be friends :) What are you children's ages?

Hi! We're TTC too...a little embarrassing to say "out loud"... but number 6 :) Doesn't seem like I have that many lol!!! I'm 4dpo, so will start testing Nov 18 - this is only our first cycle ttc #6, and my second cycle since weaning my little one.

My boys are 14, 12 & 11 and my daughters are (almost) 9 years old and 20 months. We thought we were done after my 9 y/o, had a surprise blessing & now we feel like the littlest needs a sibling close in age - and since I'm nearly 34, I also want a "last" pregnancy/baby...

On a side note, I've also been trying to drop a few pounds! Since Aug 4, I've lost 35lbs (5'9") and I still want to lose another 25. I guess I'll be limiting sugar/carbs while TTC. What are you doing for weight loss?

Are either of you taking any supplements or anything? Or trying to sway for a certain gender?

I'm taking Vitanica Pregnancy Prep--which I really like, a thyroid supplement by Thorne to improve my body temperature, progesterone cream post ovulation, evening primrose oil, and prenatals.

My last loss was in October, I suffered an ectopic and had to be treated with methotrexate so I'm still waiting to have a regular cycle after that. With methotrexate it took a month to get my hcg back to zero and I'm not allowed to get pregnant this cycle because of my folic acid depletion. I have to wait at least one full cycle.

I'm not really overweight by medical standards, but I have decided to spend the next couple months getting in shape, since I can't get pregnant anyway. It gives me something to do while I wait to try. I like to run, and I'm really into vinyasa/hatha yoga, so I do a lot of that as my strength training exercise because I loath the gym. I have a gluten allergy so I already stay away from a lot of the white carbs but still love my sweet potatoes and rice :)

I'm taking Vitanica Pregnancy Prep--which I really like, a thyroid supplement by Thorne to improve my body temperature, progesterone cream post ovulation, evening primrose oil, and prenatals.

My last loss was in October, I suffered an ectopic and had to be treated with methotrexate so I'm still waiting to have a regular cycle after that. With methotrexate it took a month to get my hcg back to zero and I'm not allowed to get pregnant this cycle because of my folic acid depletion. I have to wait at least one full cycle.

I'm not really overweight by medical standards, but I have decided to spend the next couple months getting in shape, since I can't get pregnant anyway. It gives me something to do while I wait to try. I like to run, and I'm really into vinyasa/hatha yoga, so I do a lot of that as my strength training exercise because I loath the gym. I have a gluten allergy so I already stay away from a lot of the white carbs but still love my sweet potatoes and rice :)

I'm so sorry for your loses:hugs:
Yeah, Folic acid is important, so that makes since to wait a cycle. I've been taking a ton of it for the last month, just in case. I feel like breastfeeding for so long drained me. That plus my (recent) restricted diet & rapid weight loss made me want to over do it on the nutrients lol.

Working out is a great way to pass the time! I am usually very lean & fit but gained a lot during this last pregnancy & while breastfeeding. Lately I've been doing the elliptical & some weights, and restricting carbs.
I think I have a reaction to gluten too! (Probably not a allergy but an intolerance, at least) I swell, have some joint pain & stomach issues and overall feel super yuck when I eat white carbs but I just love them lol! Within 24 hrs of no white carbs, I lose a ton of water weight/swelling and am pain free (joints, back, etc). It's very strange.

What do you mean to improve your temperature (the thyroid supplement?) I ask because I've noticed from my charting that my bbt is super low (compared to what I see on the internet charts) my pre O temp is usually 96.1-ish and after O is about 97.4 (I had a spike today though to 97.9!!! Don't know if that's a good sign but I hope so!) I wondered if I was too cold lol

I took a lot of supplements this month, and had unusual symptoms so I'm not sure if I will do the same next month. Royal jelly powder (has bee pollen and propolis in it), maca, prenatals + extra folic acid, & 540mg black cohosh before O. I had pretty severe ovulation pains/cramps for the first time ever and my face broke out! That hasn't happened to me since I was a teen! I also took bromelain capsules for a couple days after O.

So far my chart is looking great - even temps and a big rise at o & hopefully now - at 6 dpo (kinda early though)...hoping for another high one tomorrow. I can not wait to start testing!!!!

wish4baby:
That does sound like a lot of supplements! My body temp is 96.8-97.1 before O and 97.5-97.9 post O. My naturopath seemed to think it's low. However, my blood type is O- and negative blood types tend to run cooler. My average mid-day temp is 97.6 or 97.7. However, when i'm taking the supplements for thyroid (which at first glance was totally normal on my labs) it increases it to 97.1-97.4 pre o and 97.7-98.1 post o.

So side note...I noticed this weird pain in my abdomen above my bellybutton and had to have an ultrasound done on Friday. Turns out I have an umbilical hernia (that I was apparently born with, per my mom) and now I have to have surgery! Just what I need. And, I can't lift weights or stretch my abdomen too much :( I guess I'll have to diet and maybe do some mild strength training exercises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->