TTC, off cerazette straight onto clomid

shnsn

Reaction score
Hi,
I know its a bit bizarre, i stopped cerazette and went straight onto clomid. I couldnt wait for AF to arrive and not knowing if it ever will. Having read stories of being on clomid without AF, i thought its worth a try. Been on cerazette for nearly 5 years. TTC no.6 (well 5 really, we have 1 angel baby, stillborn at 31 wks). My first child was a clomid baby, monitored via scans and bloodtests and conceived on first cycle, after TTC for 6 years, second a stillbirth after TTC for another 6 years. 3, 4 and 5 were blessings straight after pregnancies which is when we are most fertile and only time i ever felt normal fertility wise. Am only just over 35 and have had 2 C sections so am limited to how many more i can have. Id rather complete my family whilst young and have energy plus youngest is nearly 5 and if i can do pregnancy with a 1 and 2 year old im sure i can do it with youngest being 5, plenty of support and i work part time whilst hubby works full time.
So back to clomid, took it for 5 days a week after stopping cerazette, yup got v.impatient! OPK are now starting to get darker although not as dark as control line yet, which is 5 days after last clomid pill. All the usual twinges and cramps and increase in cm, i don’t check cervix as not sure and also think it might not be accurate as i have had 5 babies. Hopefully signals ovulation soon.

Thank you. I ovulated 2 days ago, on the day of ovulation had a lot of extreme cramps in side and pelvic area, i started to worry about OHSS! Today im less crampy but i did get scared and came to my senses that if it doesnt work this month i dont think i will try clomid without being monitored. Clomid can work without a period and it has made me ovulate. Just waiting to see if i do get pregnant without any issues due to being on the pill and not having a period before trying.

So past 2 days i have been crampy and worried about OHSS, today i got checked over and everything is ok, bp is fine. Im wondering what the cramping is as it can be quite strong and too early for implantation as it started the day i had a positive opk.
Pain radiates around lower abdomen down to thighs and up to knees! On both sides however one side is more uncomfortable to sleep on.

I just thought i’d report back on my experiment, because i hate when people dont follow up on their threads!
I started AF on CD20, 1 week after ovulation. All hpt’s were bfn. OPK was postive during ovualtion although I didnt temp. I did get sometimes get these mid cycle bleeds before and do have pcos.
I am relieved AF is here because i no longer have that worry since coming off the pill. I do feel sad because i was hoping for a bfp but seems like it will take a while. I will not be trying clomid again, this cycle really scared me with the pains so i wont put myself through that again.
It feels so weird having a period after 4 years! But i feel normal!
My experience of going off the pill straight onto clomid is that it didnt work, i was sure it did as had sharp ovulation pains, however it could be the lining was not sufficient from being on the pill, so would make sense to wait for a period to let the body re-adjust and hopefully be healthier for the next egg!
Looking forward to tracking my cycles and temping and offcourse the OPK and HPT tests which i do everyday, more than once!!
Good luck to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->