TTC on Round two of Clomid

ashley.sch

Reaction score
Hey girls :)
Well tonight I start round two of Clomid. My RE bumped me up to 100 mg this month after two recent "chemical pregnancies", so I am hoping that I get blessed with a sticky little bean this round!
My DH is wonderful and very supportive, but it is so nice to talk to you ladies who are going through the same thing! The support is priceless....so I am looking for some buddies! I am on CD3, first day of 100mg Clomid.
:]

Hey girls :)
Well tonight I start round two of Clomid. My RE bumped me up to 100 mg this month after two recent "chemical pregnancies", so I am hoping that I get blessed with a sticky little bean this round!
My DH is wonderful and very supportive, but it is so nice to talk to you ladies who are going through the same thing! The support is priceless....so I am looking for some buddies! I am on CD3, first day of 100mg Clomid.
:]

Hi Ashley,

Im in the middle of my second round of clomid- that is today is 1dpo.
CLomid has no side effects for me up untill around ovulation, for a day or two before O i get headaches and bad bad leg cramps. Then as soon as i O i start nausea and vivid dreams. First round i hoped it was pg symptoms, but this time i realise that it must be the hormones from the clomid- theres no way that you could have nausea from pregnancy at 1dpo!

I did 50mg cd5-9 last cycle, and this time 2-6. Let me know how your going!:happydance:

hi curley!
im doing alright...just waiting and hoping! finished off my clomid last night, so now the BD'ing shall commence.
i am really hoping that this is my month. the clomid is giving me HORRIBLE mood swings, hot flashes, and headaches. all worth it in the end, of course, but not fun at ALL right now.

are you on 100mg too? I started on 50 mg and got pregnant but then miscarried. I am wondering if the higher dosage will help me get pregnant and stay pregnant?? fingers are crossed. good luck to you as well! are you positive you O'ed this month??

hi curley!
im doing alright...just waiting and hoping! finished off my clomid last night, so now the BD'ing shall commence.
i am really hoping that this is my month. the clomid is giving me HORRIBLE mood swings, hot flashes, and headaches. all worth it in the end, of course, but not fun at ALL right now.

are you on 100mg too? I started on 50 mg and got pregnant but then miscarried. I am wondering if the higher dosage will help me get pregnant and stay pregnant?? fingers are crossed. good luck to you as well! are you positive you O'ed this month??

IM on 50mg,

Had a very normal + OPK, but you cant be positive till you do day 21 progesterone!

I have all those symptoms too- eps mood swings!

As far as i have researched, clomid tricks your body into procuding more estrogen and FSH- this helps to grow the follicle that are sitting dormant in the ovaries. If 50mg doesnt give enough stimulation, you go to 100mg etc...
If your body ovualted the egg(s) then you have the usual chances of conception :thumbup:, implantation :baby: and misscarriage :sadangel:

An increased dosage will give your body more stimulation to grow the egg that is not yet ovulated, so in that way it wont effect your chances of carrying a pg to term. However, you could argue that more clomid could increase chances of ovulating more than one egg- and in that case, if noth are fertilised, you have a higher chance of at least oneof those beans being viable.

The other thing is when you take it, if you take it cd2-6 or 3-7 you are more likely to have multiple follicles develop, but they may not be as good quality as the eggs you may develop if you take clomid cd 4-8 or 5-9. THis is becasue on cd three there is a dramatic fall in FSH, such that the one most mature follicle will be 'chosen' and the others will revert back to an 'in waiting' stage- however if you add the clomid before that has occured, you ca theoretically harness any of the follies that were preparing in those early days.

I hope that all makes sense!:thumbup: and not too boring!:coffee:

Good luck babe! :dust:

hi curley!

IM on 50mg,

Had a very normal + OPK, but you cant be positive till you do day 21 progesterone!

I have all those symptoms too- eps mood swings!

As far as i have researched, clomid tricks your body into procuding more estrogen and FSH- this helps to grow the follicle that are sitting dormant in the ovaries. If 50mg doesnt give enough stimulation, you go to 100mg etc...
If your body ovualted the egg(s) then you have the usual chances of conception :thumbup:, implantation :baby: and misscarriage :sadangel:

An increased dosage will give your body more stimulation to grow the egg that is not yet ovulated, so in that way it wont effect your chances of carrying a pg to term. However, you could argue that more clomid could increase chances of ovulating more than one egg- and in that case, if noth are fertilised, you have a higher chance of at least oneof those beans being viable.

The other thing is when you take it, if you take it cd2-6 or 3-7 you are more likely to have multiple follicles develop, but they may not be as good quality as the eggs you may develop if you take clomid cd 4-8 or 5-9. THis is becasue on cd three there is a dramatic fall in FSH, such that the one most mature follicle will be 'chosen' and the others will revert back to an 'in waiting' stage- however if you add the clomid before that has occured, you ca theoretically harness any of the follies that were preparing in those early days.

I hope that all makes sense!:thumbup: and not too boring!:coffee:

Good luck babe! :dust:

thank you so much! that makes sense! is that your little one in the photo? shes beautiful!

ill be away for work for a week soon, so if i'm not here much, i havn't forgotten you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->