TTC post Mirena IUD

doodlemom10

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

A little background.. I was on depo provera for 3 years, then immediately went to the mirena IUD for 5.5 years. On both of these BC methods I didn't have any cycles (very very light spotting occasionally if anything). I was on these methods of BC to stop my periods as I have endometriosis so even though my periods aren't normally super heavy (regular), I would get the worst cramps ever where I would wake up in the middle of the night in such agony that I would actually faint and be bed ridden for days. However, my husband and I just decided we wanted to start a family (I want a baby so badly, but have been too terrified to get off the BC). Finally On Nov. 12/18 I have my mirena removed.

I had been tracking ovulation and oulation October 5/18 (before IUD was out), Nov. 6 (before IUD was out), and then again Dec. 5 (once IUD was out) - so that all seems pretty regular. So of course around dec. 6 we were baby dancing to hopefully conceive right away (my doctor said it was ok - I was taking the prenatal vitamins for a few months before, she said that if the lining can't support the egg it just won't implant). My doctor was also hoping I would get to skip going back to the hell that used to be my regular cycle.

I had high hopes and honestly thought I was pregnant.. yesterday (14dpo) was a big fat negative on the cheapo dip stick, and I was getting some light pink "spotting" when I wiped when I was going to the bathroom. That "spotting" did darken to red throughout the day but it was only ever when I went to the bathroom. Now today (dec. 21) still nothing except when I go to the bathroom.. just a little clot gets passed and blood when I wipe. Is this considered a cycle? I have a bit of mild cramping.. which would be incredibly abnormal for me if this was a cycle (not that id complain about this level lol).

1. Is this a cycle?
2. How long did it take you post mirena to get a cycle?
3. How long did it take for your cycles to become regular?
4. When they came back was it back to your normal cycle before the mirena?
5. Any other tips/thoughts are welcome :)

Hi I never had a mirena but didn't want to read and run. From what I've heard...that could have been a full period since it was the first one off the IUD and you may not have had much of a lining to build up to give you a heavy flow. I hope you get better answers soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->