TTC questions...

lauren1991

Reaction score
I'm cycle day 17 and I have been testing with cb digital opks not the advanced ones. I've tested about 5 times today and Nada! Still O but my lines have been getting darker.

As disgusting as it sounds I stuck my finger up :/ and got some creamy very stretchy cm. I managed to stretch about 3 inches that was about 2 hours ago then I tested again there and the same line but creamy cm that would stretch. I'm so confused!

I used to be so clued up when TTC my son but I've been out the game since Feb 2012 when I found out I was pregnant.

This is my 3rd box of cb digi 10 packs and they don't come cheap lol.

L x

Honestly ? Stop it. Get some cheap OPK's and use the digital for confirmation. Also stop testing 5 times a day, 2-3times is plenty. If you're looking at the lines on the digital test, stop that too, those lines are NOT the same as a dip strip test and whether or not they change is relative.

EWCM is "generally" that, clearish, slippery, stretchy but not all women get it or can tell . Creamy is generally not an adjective used when describing EWCM.

Breathe ! :)

Honestly ? Stop it. Get some cheap OPK's and use the digital for confirmation. Also stop testing 5 times a day, 2-3times is plenty. If you're looking at the lines on the digital test, stop that too, those lines are NOT the same as a dip strip test and whether or not they change is relative.

EWCM is "generally" that, clearish, slippery, stretchy but not all women get it or can tell . Creamy is generally not an adjective used when describing EWCM.

Breathe ! :)

Omg I know lol! I just feel a lot of pressure to get pregnant because I've literally seen 10+ people on fb announce. The cm was clear mixed with some milky was strange. I'm gonna test tomorrow and if nothing comes of that I'm giving up this cycle Too much stress.

I'm investing in internet cheapies next month. Bank balance cant handle £60 a month lol

Ewcm can be a 'creamy' colour.. Mine is always streaked with white and looks that way.

If your opks are getting darker too.. This is your fertile window, dtd ! You should get a positive opk in the next two days. But yes two tests is enough, between 10-8 and make sure you have a four hour hold.

I don't get ewcm till about 2 days before my period which is strange but I've not had anymore of the milky stretch stuff.

I've been judging the lines on the cb digi and this morning they were just a shade darker than the control line with another neg but people are saying not to go by them? Previously when I've ovulated my lines were pretty dark. I should probably mention I have pcos and I am on metformin 500mg per day. I'll test this afternoon. I've been jumping between 2 test holders. The original one then the one I got in the pack yesterday. 50 cheapies were ordered last night for next cycle.

Xx

I agree get some cheapie opks and using the cb one to confirm otherwise they are going to cost you a fortune.

And sticking your finger up to check cm isn't disgusting, I think its one of the best ways to gage how fertile you are. If you do it regularly you will see a pattern. I can get ewcm up to a week before I ovulate, but I know that when I get my peak amount ovulation is imminent. I'm just starting to ttc again after a break and I plan to just go by cm checking to try and keep things relaxed.

I understand your frustration with not having ovulation confirmed yet, I have irregular and long cycles, even when my cycles are at their shortest I don't ovulate til cd 21.

I also agree, I dont think you need to test more than twice a day, best time is afternoon apparently. I used to get carried away with opks and I got really stressed out, so will see how I get on without using them. Relaxing is one of the best things you can do.

Best of luck. xx

I've just used cheapies and all neg :( looks like I'm totally out this month! Thanks girls xx

Do you sometimes have long cycles? And do you usually get positives on opks? I've known some people to never get a positive but still ovulate. Fingers crossed you aren't out. I really do hate all the testing on opks and getting negative after negative, its enough to drive you crazy xx

I hadn't been tracking till about 3 months ago. First time I didn't ovulate.went back on metformin and got a positive last month.

Before my son I was a bit hit and miss hence the metformin.

I've never had unusually long cycles but I've had mega long periods the past few months. This time I started spotting on the 4th of april. That light I could have went without a pantyliner the started properly bleeding on the 9th and stopped on the 14th. Which has got me all confused.

I had a pelvic scan done and ovaries are fine and no obvious obstruction etc (I went because of shooting pains around my section scar) and I also had my bloods done and thyroid is fine.

I used some cheapies on Saturday and the line was barely there and used them again today with 5 hour hold and the line is a lot darker than Saturdays x

Sorry if the last post is all over the place. My son is currently using me as a climbing frame lol x

This is the cheapies xx

Attachments

• IMG_20140422_080132.jpg
    IMG_20140422_080132.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 2
This is the Clearblue digi's. For some reason I get better lines with afternoon pee only held for 2 hours....

Attachments

• IMG_20140422_075757.jpg
    IMG_20140422_075757.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member