TTC when partner works away? Team Immaculate Conception

NorthStar

Reaction score
Hey girls,
I've joined a group on the main forum, for ladies who have a partner working away, this is the first time I've made a banner so not sure if it will work - anyway I know on this forum it's probably just myself and Butterfly who have this issue, but just putting it out there...

LOL NS I'll have to get that one! Have been trying to figure how to get round August, can't really afford to miss one cycle, but this might fix it :rofl:

Yeah it's either that or "get a man in to do it"...

Butterfly have you considered going on a booty call trip for the month your friend is out of town?

My OH works long hours in a fairly inaccessible location, so me going up there isn't really a spec, so this week I'm taking a FECKLOAD of EPO and watching my signs like a hawk.

Did an opk there and it was negative, now, just let it stay that way for another 5 days....:brat:

And here's the link for any of you wanting to join the group...

Hi ladies,

I'm cross posting this in a few forums for those of us who either have an OH who works away a lot (at the CRITICAL TIME) or who work away themselves.

It can be lonely having a partner who's away a lot, and it certainly adds to the stress of TTC.

Here is the link to the discussion group, for anyone who'd like to join in and discuss ways of messing with our cycles to try and achieve a BFP against the odds etc.

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-gro...-fertile-time-team-immaculate-conception.html

Girls you have my utmost admiration :thumbup:. I'm not sure what's worse a DH being away at the vital time or being around and not wanting to play ball - either way drives you absolutely nuts :grr:

Good luck :kiss:

Girls you have my utmost admiration :thumbup:. I'm not sure what's worse a DH being away at the vital time or being around and not wanting to play ball - either way drives you absolutely nuts :grr:

Thanks Jax, well that's a whole other issue, we could start a "Team let's just hire someone else to do it" I guess :haha:

Thanks Jax, well that's a whole other issue, we could start a "Team let's just hire someone else to do it" I guess :haha:

:rofl: Don't go there Northstar!!!!

**sniggers**

Funnily enough I'm such a capable, take chargey type of woman, that depending on my OH to come up with the goods is actually pretty frustrating....

Don't worry I can be the same, typical organiser me. I even managed to negotiate my redundancy and the sale on our house with him saying 'are you sure we should be doing this?'. YESSSSSSS :grr: So yes I hear you sister! Having to depend on him to do this bit, 'cos I can't do it alone, is extremely hard!!!

Hats off ladies, wish this group had been around when I was ttc the first time. After 11 long cycles, I got my positive opk in the middle of the week. So I phoned in sick (was working nights at the time), and drove 2.5 hours to be duly impregnated. Worked a charm, but the preceeding 11 months were a joke. I always ovulated midweek, sneaky old body! We're living together full time now, so hopefully it should be a bit quicker this time round...
Good luck :) xx

Cheers for that Chubbin - I was actually considering doing such a thing this week but I have to make a big presentation on Wednesday to some visiting Powers That Be, so I'd better not.

My worry would be with the shift my OH works he might not be up for it when I get there (and by there I mean the middle of fecking nowhere a good 6+ hours drive) and if that were to happen....I'd be forced to kill him.

PHP:
My worry would be with the shift my OH works he might not be up for it when I get there (and by there I mean the middle of fecking nowhere a good 6+ hours drive) and if that were to happen....I'd be forced to kill him.

He wouldn't do that if u were planning on BDing, would he?

Oh...so I assume he has a physically demanding job? Oh, man...That's tough...
:hugs:

Yeah it's either that or "get a man in to do it"...

Butterfly have you considered going on a booty call trip for the month your friend is out of town?

My OH works long hours in a fairly inaccessible location, so me going up there isn't really a spec, so this week I'm taking a FECKLOAD of EPO and watching my signs like a hawk.

Did an opk there and it was negative, now, just let it stay that way for another 5 days....:brat:

Unfortunately he will be half way round the world in a remote location with some guys so me turning up might be a shock if a little expensive :haha:

Oh...so I assume he has a physically demanding job? Oh, man...That's tough...
:hugs:

Yeah unfortunately he is knackered at the end of the shift, and doesn't sleep that well when he's away, so I'm not sure if it is a possibility that's worth trying, but we wil talk about it.

I haven't told him about AF's early arrival, so he doesn't know yet that we'll either be missing this window of opportunity or that he'll have to do it to order his first night back :dohh:

Too depressing to try and talk on a crackly phone line about this kind of stuff...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->