TTC while EBF 10 Month Old

TTCBean

Reaction score
My husband I would really like to start TTC for a second now that our son is almost a year old... thing is, I haven't got AF back yet. I am breastfeeding my son about every 3 hours and a few times a night still. I sometimes get ovulation/AF cramp feelings but all ovulation tests come back negative and no AF. I know there isn't much I can do about it, just feeling a bit anxious... any tips or stories? :flower:

It took us almost 2 years to conceive our son with the help of Clomid :cry: (no periods or ovulation because of bcp use). I am scared this is going to happen again... we haven't used any protection since his birth though. We aren't preventing anything.

BFing prevents Ovulation,...but you can still BF to O you just need to cut back on the frequency of the feeds, I have a almost 9month old im BFing her probably 3 times a day and the odd time at night she has her solids aswell, I got my AF back this week, and I starting cutting down feeds about a month ago, so it does take time after having a baby, but I would probably cut back on the feeds slowly and you should get your AF back soon, but also o by on what you child needs if he does still want/need those feed then keep feeding, you will still get your AF back it just may be a bit longer. we might be in the same boat together it took me over 3years to have my lil girl.

I have 2 DD (3 and 5 years). I got my period back after about 14-15 months with both of them, I was still breastfeeding but at 1 year it was only once or twice per day.
I was lucky and got preg with DD2 after my first period.

I'm also in the same frustrating boat.....never did I think I'd actually WANT my period!

I am in the same situation (took 4 years to get DS) and now don't want to wait to TTC #2. Thankfully I did just get AF back last month and am now in my 2nd cycle. The first cycle was very irregular though and I O'd on CD 30!

I am very happy to have AF back (right....it sounds weird to be excited) but I don't know how possible it is to conceive naturally for us. We ended up with our BFP on Femara.

I am still EBF'ing DS who is 7.5 months old. I do think AF came back mostly because I am a full-time working mother and DS sleeps 10-12 hours per night with no feeds. I hear that helps promote ovulation to return. We are currently nursing morning and night and I pump twice while at work and once in the middle of the night. (So 5x total). I also have read that pumping promotes ovulation more than nursing does, since the body recognizes that it isn't the same. Crazy stuff!

Is there any way to try to cut down the night feed? That's the only thing I have heard that may promote your body to ovulate.

Nice to talk to people in the same situation :flower:

I'm in the same situation...I'm still breastfeeding my 8month old frequently and have no AF. The doctor told me I could still get pregnant.

I have to admit that I'm very frustrated at not having AF back yet. Also doing an OK every day and never seeing a positive is so hard.

I didn't get AF back until I cut down to 4 feeds with LO with 6-9 hours of overnight sleep (no BFs). I still think my hormones took awhile after that to regulate. AFs were scanty and I had really short LPs. I took B Complex to lengthen LP.

Good luck!

With my older so I got AF back when he was 39 weeks and 4 days old. My younger son will be that age on Monday, lol....I'm SO impatient. He eats SO well, and really just nurses to sleep....c'mooooon af!!!:haha:

I doubt my AF will come back anytime soon with my son waking up every 1-2 hours and nurses to sleep most of the time. I truly wish he would have longer stretches at night, sadly I can't imagine myself being pregnant and a baby that has this many nw : (

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->