Ttc while in debt?

tkeith8109

Reaction score
So my husband and I have decided we want to add a 3rd and last baby to our family. After a lot of back and fourth we finally decided to just go for it. However, I am really nervous about bringing another child into our family while we still have a lot of old debt that needs to be paid. The debt is mainly on me. We are working on paying off his credit cards, which should be done by March. Most of my debt is medical and student loans, actually that is all of my debt. I really feel like maybe we should wait, but honestly if we waited it would be another 3 years if not more and with some health things that I have been dealing with I really don't want to hold off. I know that people have debt and kids and we have to choose what is more important, but is it okay to start trying knowing that you have things that need to be taken care of? Did anyone else have this issue and what was your choice? I just want so badly to make the right decision, but this is hard.

I think if you can still manage your debt that won't put your family in strife if you need to take time off work then there is no problem. Either that if you are really worried maybe waiting a little while longer until you pay off your husbands credit cards which might help you be able to manage or come up with a plan to help paying off your debt.

I have debt and kids, I think it is very common in this day and age for families to have debt.

Well we are in the process of paying off his cards now. They will be paid off by March so even if I get pregnant this month we won't have the baby until late July. I just worry about our family. Always will I suppose. I know that having a child is more important to us. I guess I worry more about what other people might think. His family is pretty well off and believe you should be as debt free as possible before making these types of changes

There is and will always be something the way when it comes to TTC. If you know you want one you should go for it. There is always something that will come up and change the circumstances anyway. Life changes so so fast!

Its so funny that I have doubts about doing what is best and if we should wait, but then I see a picture of soneone holding a baby and it all goes out the window. I know that a new child is what I want and more money is always nice, but another child to love is priceless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->