TTC while still in college?

Hels_Bells

Bun in the Oven!!
Reaction score
I graduate from college this december and we're trying to get pregnant with an early 2012 baby. I'm a little worried about going through classes with a big belly (will I fit in the seat? lol). Anyone in a similar boat? I've only seen very few pregnant college students so I don't know if there are any stereotypes/stigmas attached...

Hey Hels!! I am not in college, but I am in graduate school. I graduate in December also and I would like to have our first baby right after graduation. I am a little worry b/c I commute over an hour to the school. Do you commute? what are your fears?

Hey Hels!! I am not in college, but I am in graduate school. I graduate in December also and I would like to have our first baby right after graduation. I am a little worry b/c I commute over an hour to the school. Do you commute? what are your fears?

Right now we live in a house just off campus so I walk but come summer we will be moving to a bigger place. Dunno where yet though.... hoepfully not as far as you live from school! That really sucks :nope:

My fears are really just being judged for being young (20), married, and pregnant. A lot of my friends don't even understand why I got married (what, I can't get married to the man I love?) and i feel too afraid to even tell most of them that we are TTC. Not to mention his FAMILY! They weren't so supportive of us in the first place (he is 7 years older than me).

People expect me to go into some huge career, but they don't understand that because my husband is in the military and going to flight school we will be moving A LOT and I don't even have that option. So why not have a baby?

I'm being a pansy for it but I'm scared of others' opinion. :blush:

Hi Hels, I'm 20 also (21 next Monday).. Me & my OH got married 3 years ago, when I was 17. Our families weren't so supportive because we were so young (he's 3 years older than me) but we did it anyway and have never regretted it.. I can't really relate to being in school & pregnant as I've finished school & already started my career (& have started my own business).. Even though OH & I were pregnant last year but sadly lost our little bean at about 6weeks & I was in school at that time, too early on though to worry about being able to fit in seats.. :haha: But I can totally relate to having to deal with opposition. Only a couple of people know that we are TTC, I know that if more people (friends/family) knew, most would be disapproving.

You have to do what makes you happy though, no matter what. I've wanted a family since I was so young, so being married, having our own house, owning my own business, it all just feels right & the pieces are finally coming together.. If you feel ready, then go for it!! And there's a wonderful community of people here on BnB to support you through it all.. :thumbup: :hugs:

Same here! I thought I was the only person dealing with this. I am 23 and Oh is 22. He works and supports us very well. I am in grad school and work part time as an instructor at my university. I have only told my close friends that we are TTC. I tried to talking my mom and sister about it and they always turn the conversation into me needing to wait and me rushing to fast. No one really seems to understand that it is hard trying to juggle all of these feelings. Of course I am in school b/c i want to get a great job/ career, but I also got married b/c I was ready to settle down and start a family... My plan is to get pregnant soon and have the right after i graduate. This will allow me time to spend with our child until I am ready to look for a job. Everything says I should wait until i have a job, then get pregnant. I just don't think that makes sense... Why get a job then have to leave and be limited as to how long I can spend with my child... uuuggghhhh. it's just sooo aggravating. Everyone has their plan for your life, but no one actually cares about how you feel?

I agree that you should have a child. You can't get a huge career if you will be moving around a lot. Sounds like a great opportunity to have a child, until he is stationed somewhere for a while. Then maybe you could look at starting a career.

I agree that you should have a child. You can't get a huge career if you will be moving around a lot. Sounds like a great opportunity to have a child, until he is stationed somewhere for a while. Then maybe you could look at starting a career.

wss^^ It seems like now would be a good time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->