TTC with an irregular cycle :(

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
I've had to use progesterone a few times to bring about AF. Without it, I tend to have a 40-60 day cycle, and it's been as long as 90 days. Ouch.
Anyone else in the same boat? Friends have said I'm "so lucky" I don't get AF each month. Yeah. Right.

I have PCOS and went through the same thing up until recently when I started using soy (same as you would clomid) and have been Oing finally (though it's varied the past 3 cycles - CD34, CD19, and I'm pretty sure today which is CD25). In the past, I had to take provera to induce AF so I completely know how you are feeling. I used to love not having AF every month until we started TTC.

A lot of gals take vitex or maca, both of which are supposed to help with regulating your cycle. I haven't taken them yet, so I don't have any experience with them, but it does help a lot of gals. :flower:

And, it's not said much here, but hoping AF shows soon for you so you can start a new cycle. :flower:

I have irregular cycles also. When I get BFNs on 15 or 16 dpo, I get this dread that AF won't show. I immediately start worrying about how long my cycle is going to stretch out before I get the chance to start trying again. I think the B complex I was taking helped regulate my cycle. Either that, or something else magically did. Guess I'm going to start taking it again.

I have irregular cycles (from 38-81 days this last 12 months) and used to feel powerless. Since I've been charting my BBT though, I've managed to pinpoint ovulation each cycle and my luteal phase has been the nice 14 days it should. Although they're still irregular, it has made me feel in control of my body for the first time. I'd recommend it to anyone with irregular cycles - TTC or not. Admittedly i literally right at the start of my TTC journey and it is hard knowing I'll only have half as many chances as some ladies, but you just gotta keep going.

Hi I have irregular periods aswell and am just new to charting my temps in the hope it will help. I have not seen AF for 5 months and have no idea how long my cycles are. I'm jumping from the WTT to TTC # 1 as we are waiting till after the wedding but because i have been diagnosed with PCOS I want to know my body b4 we start. What is the temp you are looking for to know you have ovulated?

I hate how ppl think ur lucky I have friends say that to. They don't realise how much it can hurt sometimes just because they all get pregnant do easily.. Hope u get s BFP soon !!!

I think you'll find lots of women here in the same boat!

I've had irregular cycles for years and actually never really cared about it til we started TTC. I loved not getting a period every month. Then when DH and I started talking about havinog kids, I started worrying and wondering if I would be able to get pregnant.

Went to the doctor within our first month of TTC- at that point I hadn't had a period in 6 months- and was diagnosed with PCOS and put on provera and clomid. I'm so glad I didn't put off going to the doctor and so thankful that I was able to start treatment so quickly.

I didn't ovulate on 50 or 100 mg of clomid and each of those cycles ended up being like 45-50 days with a period brought on by provera. I did ovulate on 150 mg- my first month of ovulation in 7 months of TTC. It's frustrating to think that all those months I never even had a chance!

I absolutely know how you feel. I've gone 9 months without a period, 6 months, 8 months, 3 months. I NEVER get a period once a month. At the end of October '10, I started my period, and didn't get off of it until the middle of JANUARY '11.

You aren't alone. Not much advice here, I'm still trying to get my body figured out ]:

But keep your head up and stay positive. Being sad or depressed isn't going to help, in reality it might be stressing you out and making things worse. Just keep trying and trying new things, that's all you can do.

Good luck [:

hey ...
just wanted to give u girls some hope. since coming off pill i only had one period and that was in September.... 6 months later no period i had blood tests... the day i went for results i got my BFP. tests showed i was about to ovulate.
so in 8 months i only had one period and now im 5-6 weeks pregnant. so dont let the lack of periods get you down!!

I was irregular (longest 48 days) but I started taking Angus cactus (Vitax) and now I am back to a 32 day cycle.

good luck! You've got good company in this forum!

I'm thinking we're going to start TTC ASAP and I have PCOS and no AF for at least 15 months (!). It does worry me. Sorry I can't suggest anything, I'm about to start on metformin so hopefully that'll help x It is so frustrating though, isn't it. I never know when to take pregnancy tests because of it!

Just wanted to say hi :) I'm in the irregular cycles boat too although went for blood test today so hoping that'll help to tell me why x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->