TTC with incompetent cervix?

S

Semanthia

I was just wondering if anyone else who has an incompetent cervix is currently TTC. I have an incompetent cervix and am starting to try again. I am really nervous. I talked to my new doctor and had this "can do" attitude but it has been a little over a week since our talk and that fear seems to be creeping back.
We were planning on TTC in June but we might not prevent or actively try this month just to see what happens. I'm nervous about so much stuff but mostly about experiencing something so horrible again.

i don't have any help for you but :hugs: I think there is a procedure where they can stich your cervix closed???

I don't have any experience with this either, but I've heard you can have a stitch too! Sorry I aaou help more x

Yeah I know about the stitch. I'll have that put in at 14 weeks but it has an 80% success rate for a viable baby (TVC- Trans vaginal cerclage). It doesn't completely relieve my fears. I feel torn about trying to have a baby knowing I may lose it or have to really fight for it to survive. Is it fair? IDK
I was just hoping since there are so many people TTC after a loss that maybe someone on here has lost to incompetent cervix and could relate.

We lost a baby boy at 36 weeks, Nov 2009, due to stillbirth. Almost exactly one year later, we lost a daughter at 23w3d in Oct 2010, due to IC. (We had a miscarriage in between at 8 weeks.)
We just started TTC this cycle and I've got mixed feelings as well. I have a lot of fears, especially about the cerclage...I made an appointment with a high-risk OB for next month to discuss my options once I become pregnant again.
I am hoping for a trans-vaginal cerclage with two stitches, spaced apart, and am just going to hope and pray for the best!
A very good friend of mine lost two babies on the same timeline as I lost mine, both of hers born @20 weeks and lost to IC. She had a transabdominal cerclage and is holding steady, with no complications, at 24 weeks now.

Hi, unfortunately I can relate to losses due to IC. I lost my first baby (little boy) on 2-8-2010 and was dx w/ IC, then got pregnant again and had a vaginal cerclage placed at 14 weeks, but it didn't work for me. I lost my second baby (little girl) on 12-31-2010. The vaginal cerclage do work for a lot of women, but it did not for me, so I cant say dont get a tvc; but for me I have to go with the TAC. But why wait and see if it will work for you and lose another life? I had my abdominal cerclage placed on 5/13/2011 here in NC, and I will be ttc after my af this month (yay!). With the TAC, you dont have to have bedrest, unless other factors arise not related to your TAC like PTL and such. So there are many factors you will just have to weigh on a personal level. If you have ANY questions, please feel free to ask, I want to help anyway I can, and help prevent anyone from losing their precious babies.
Sincerely,
Christina

Thank you for your comment. I really wanted the TAC but when I brought it up to my doctor before I could finish she nipped it in the butt. She said it was too invasive and should be looked at as a last resort. Not being on bed rest and having read an article on how if you really want to fix the problem that TAC is the way to go because it supports the cervix at the base where it needs the support.
IDK I feel torn. I really like my new doctor and feel confident with her but she won't do a TAC as of right now... I wish this problem and decision was an easier one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->