TTC with irregular period? Help with tracking ovulation?!

Sarah1508

Proud Mummy of two ღ
Reaction score
Hey so I'm new to this whole TTC thing :haha: as our last baby was a surprise. I've always had a really irregular period and the doctor doesn't seem to know why and said that maybe its just because I'm young and had a baby only a few years after my period actually started? But anyways I obviously know I can conceive so that's a plus! But since my period is so irregular I'm wondering how I know when I am most fertile? Me and oh are having regular sex like up to two times a day (sorry tmi :haha:) should we be having more? I know oh wouldn't mind! :haha: and is there anything else we could be doing like me eating certain foods? Taking certain vitamins? Best positions to conceive? :dohh: :haha: I know I'm thinking waaay to much into this but I am desperate for a little brother or sister for Kian have been for a long time and now me and oh are finally in a place where we are ready for another and I just want it to happen asap don't want a HUGE gap between Kian and his sibling :blush:

Thanks in advance Sarah :flower:

Don't think too much about this, it can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive.

You do not need to be having sex twice a day, actually I think they say every other day is ideal. I've read conflicting things but some say that having sex every day (especially twice a day) can lower his sperm count, so by the time you get to your fertile period than you are not getting the best quality sperm.

The only true way to know when you ovulate and know when you are fertile is to temp. You are most fertile for the few days leading up to ovulation and ovulation day. But like I said, unless you temp you don't know when or if you ovulate.

So I suggest you get yourself a BBT thermometer and sign up on fertility friend....their tutorials are really great and packed with tons of information.

Don't think too much about this, it can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive.

You do not need to be having sex twice a day, actually I think they say every other day is ideal. I've read conflicting things but some say that having sex every day (especially twice a day) can lower his sperm count, so by the time you get to your fertile period than you are not getting the best quality sperm.

The only true way to know when you ovulate and know when you are fertile is to temp. You are most fertile for the few days leading up to ovulation and ovulation day. But like I said, unless you temp you don't know when or if you ovulate.

So I suggest you get yourself a BBT thermometer and sign up on fertility friend....their tutorials are really great and packed with tons of information.

yup ff is good to use, were using it atm and it helps viewing the charts of bbt to try pinpoint ovulation. this can be the extra step needed to help conceive with those long cycles which I know are stressful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->